Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robot Coliseum...

Im thinking of withdrawing myself, actually.

Actually, Ill see how things go first...

(Message edited by joeychevron on March 16, 200

U hav a point.If u like Ill swap em all around wen all da entries r in

Ill defo redo the draws!Wot on earth woz I thinkin?!

Name: Wheely Pure Evil 2 (Thanks to Aaron for flipper rams and armour)
    Weight: 100kg
    Armour: 6mm Aluminium Boron Carbite (slightly heavier than Aluminium, but harder than Tungsten)
    Speed: 18mph
    Shape: Low invertible wedge
    Weapon 1: Top hinged flipper powered by a 80mm pneumatic ram, working at 1000psi fixed on top of the robot. At the bottom of the flipper there is a 5mm Grade 5 Titanium wedge extender, designed to get under any ground clearance.
    Weapon 2: Top hinged flipper powered by an 80mm pneumatic ram, working at 1000psi fixed on the underside of the robot.
    Strengths: Powerful weaponry and tough armour.
    Weaknesses: Exposed wheels on top and limited CO2 on board.
    Ground Clearance: 1cm at the back, 0mm on sides due to side skirts and 0mm at front due to flipping plate.
    Srimech: Invertible.
    Notes: The robot is powered by 2 S28-400 MagMotors running at 24v, which give 18mph top speed. The flippers are made from 4mm Aluminium Boron Carbite, and powered by 80mm pneumatic rams working at 1000psi due to Nitrogen. Each flipper can flip roughly 2500kg each. However, due to the flipper set up, the robot can flip roughly 5000kg! The robot has hinged side skirts, to stop robot getting underneath. The skirts are made from 3mm Aluminium Boron Carbite, and are hinged so they run upside down. The flippers can be fired at the same time, or independently. This robot works on the same basis as St Agro: a double flipper.

Robot Name: Dennis The Menace
    Length/Width/Height: 100 x 40 x 25 - 35cm (The height of the robot increases as you move from the front to the back).
    Weight: 100KG
    Motivation: 2 foam filled go kart wheels made of uber-tough rubber.
    Speed: About 18mph
    Weapon: The main weapon is a 20kg spinning drum, powered by 2 Huqsvarna 3120XP chainsaw motors. The weapon is capable of changing gears during a match. Originally, the drum spins at 2400RPM when geared down 10:1, but this can be increased to 2:1 at systematic intervals of 2 gearings (10:1, 8:1, 6:1, 4:1 2:1). The 4mm Titanium drum is fitted with 2 horizontal Hardox bars, welded, screwed and riveted on to avoid them coming off. These are designed not only to flip, but to rip off skirts and armouring. The drum can hit with over 10kJ of force when spinning at 2400RPM, and increases to an astonishing 243kJ when spinning at 2:1 gearing (12000RPM).
    Drive: 24v Sinclair C5 motors.
    Power: 4 x 24v NiCad batteries.
    Armour: 5mm Titanium and Vanadium alloy.
    Ground Clearance: 4mm all around.
    Turning Circle: 0M
    Notes: The robot is invertible, and is completely symmetrical when flipped, meaning the performance isn€™t altered at all. The robot€™s shape is basically a box, but with the height increasing as you move from front to the back. The robot has 2 thick Hardox spikes on each side, which means it can pass the passive weaponry rule, and these also stop the robot resting on its side. To stop it resting on its back, the rear of the robot is slightly curved.

Name: Woodpecker
    Weight: 100kg
    Armour: 4mm Hardox.
    Speed: 18mph - powered by 2 Sinclair C5 motors running at 24v.
    Shape: Box wedge with sloped sides, a rounded back and scooped front.
    Weapon 1: A cam-driven axe mechanism, powered by a 60v Briggs and Stratton 11kW motor. (Interchangeable).
    Weapon 2: A flipping arm, powered by a 60v Briggs and Stratton 11kW motor. (Interchangeable).
    Strengths: Fastest axe mechanism currently around (hypothetically of course, this is only a vapour after all€¦ )
    Weaknesses: The weapon itself is not very destructive, but mainly shows dominance in terms of number of this it can do.
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at the front due to a sharpened Titanium front and side skirts, 4mm at rear.
    Srimech: Invertible, but the axe mechanism has enough power in it to right it back onto its wheels.
    Notes: The axe-head is based on Dominator 2€™s, and has small Titanium spikes on each end to aid in self righting. The axe-head is made of Titanium, with a 5mm Hardox tip. The flipper arm is made entirely out of 10mm Aluminium. The robot has 4 wheels get up in a skid steer system and runs off 2 Sinclair C5 motors @ 24v. Each side is connected to each other by a heavy duty rubber belt, and the wheels are made entirely out of Vulcalore. The weapon systems run off a 60v Briggs and Stratton 11kW motor geared down 15:1. The motor is connected to a cam wheel which in turn moves the weapon up and down on its pivot. When running at 60v, the weapon can move just under 5 times a second. The emphasis is not on power, but in dominance and aggression.

Perhaps I should knock this 1 on da hed, as its a right mess.It woz my 1st tourney after all, but I shouldve got sum practise 1st.Sorry 4 wastin ur time. (Bet ur all glad its over-I know I AM)Ill try to do a much simpler tourney in a while.Plz dunt let this mess put u off entering any of my other tourneys in da future.I can only improve after this catastrophe

I think there was a thread a while back about how to do a good tournament - that might help, but basically Id reccomend going for a simple 4/8 entry tournament with no hazards, one-to-one battles all the way through. That should help you get to grips with the battles, although I dont know if Im really qualified to advise.

Thanks, but wot do u mean by 4/8?

4 or 8 robots, should have made that clearer.

Register To Comment