Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All answers needed about differential steering

Sorry everyone, I hate to keep pestering you with new friends, but I am haveing sever trouble in working out differential steering. I obviously know what it is but how do I get it to work with a normal speed controller? Is it just wiring? Please help. I need all tips possible.
    Thanks and sorry to pester,

Rob

im not too sure on your design, but i presume it will be similar to everyone elses. One motor drives the left side, and one drives the right. This makes it work like tank steering, so when you turn left, the left motor will reverse and the right goes forward. To achieve this, as adrian says some speedcontrollers have mixing built in such as the sabertooth, if not then good transmitters such as spektrums have mixing in, and if you have neither of these options you can buy a mixer which plugs inline with the receiver that mixes the channels for you.

2 basic speed controlers like racing car ones but
    you can get others which do the 2 moters ie as Adrian says the sabertooth it all depends how much money you want to spend.

Beauty uses the cheapest one on the market, with drill moters and a must is the Specktum

A few of the speedcontrollers listed will only controll a single channel such as electronize, Mtroniks etc, but the sabertooth, scorpion xl/xxl will both run both channels so you would only need 1. sorry for not mentioning that.

Robert just hope you can take it all in

but all help is always here

O.K. Im sorry the origanal message was supposed to read: I hate to keep pestering you with new POSTS but I am HAVING SEVERE trouble with differential steering. Lost it for a second there. Anyway I diagress, back to the topic. So if I have two speed controllers how do I make them run off the same remote? And do I only need two channel for the drive as it is tank type? And does this mean that I need another Speed Controller for the axe or do I need an extra channel on one of the Speed Controllers? Sorry I am very cerffudelled. Please answer all the questions and keep posts coming in.

Thanks all,

Rob

the remote will normaly operate 6 chans you simply plug in 2 differnt wires into a reciver then if( they r the right way round the wheels turn for u

we are going back to basics

Register To Comment