Register To Comment
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 12-15 June 2008 - RoboGames - San Francisco

And are you planning on going to both events then....?

im just curious as in the early stages of robot wars finishing, i wondered what would happen if RW returned to our live event circuit... I would have hoped both would compliment each other... Series 7 had more reliable and devloped machines because of our live events.

the machines now are very reliable nowadays and it would look a lot better on tv

we need robot wars back!

BB are prob back to make more money so i doubt they will join with RG

niceone

good luck!

Hi Jonno,
    We will try to hit both events, mostly because we want to be loyal to the on going west coast events, and also because I hope some of the vetrans come out of hiding since the cameras went away...and play with the new breed of bots!!! I always like a chance to play with BB vets!

As to where it will be, BB will most likely happen at the close Mare Island Navel Base where the arena is stored about 20 or 30 minutes fron S.F.

((Ive now seriously condemed myself to all first and second round losss!!! Oh well...))

I believe that the two event wont hurt each other to much because few of the east coast builders that will come out to BB only, wouldnt go to RG. and the ones that will make RG will do both anyway. I know their are some that will choose one over the other, but that will happen anyway!

There is still to many egos and bad feeling in this sport still to this day...I just like to play in the arena...I dont care whos arena it is!!!
    I dont think TV we hurt us in the long run because tv will bring more builders than live event. Well I mean they see it on tv, look it up on the net, come to a live event, and then build!
    Thats what we did!
    So it might hurt this/or the first season, but it should grow the number of builders looking for a place to fight!

Good job Tim cant wait to see STORM II again,

I sure hope some of the flippers can make it...
    and remember their wont be a megabyte there
    (Ive tried to get him there but I dont think theyll make it out)
    Just a couple of spinners to worry about

Good luck over there with TV and all the live events

hi dave.
    can i just say that the majority of uk bots really dont mind fighting spinners and are not afraid of your us spinners. with 2 posts telling us not to worry about them seems a like we are a bunch of robot wimps. we dont have many spinners over here simply because we dont have an arena to contain them. Envy and Thor would love the chance to come over but simply cant afford it this year. mabee will see you at uk champs? if so look forward to a drink.

Register To Comment