Register To Comment
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The K-TOAD tournament

look whos back from Milan!

The May Tracks Have You vs. Flick of the Wrist

Im gonna trust this to be a most beautiful final. Tracks has a powerful flipper but I am invertible. If hes gonna try to puncuture my tires Ill just face him with the spikes and dig them into the ground so he cant get under. If he gets under, Im gonna drive straight over him rather than retreating to minimize the damage to my tires. Aim for the sides and show him what hazards the arena has to offer.

Good luck in this second Frank vs Martijn final Frank :wink:

davids
    Good Good, I will try and hit on with the final tomorrow at work if I get the time.

davids
    The Killer Toad Tournament

The Final

The May Tracks Have You (1) vs. Flick of the Wrist

The first robot into the arena today is the current champion, May Tracks Have You, it has managed to defend it€™s title up-to this point, so will it beat Flick of the Wrist to win back-to-back titles? Frank€™s machine has tracks, weighs 100kg, is prove that you don€™t need an extra 10kg for a tracked machine to be successful, has a flipper at the front with spikes designed to trap robots from reversing off the wedge, but could do with something at the top of the wedge to trap robots from driving over the top.

The second robot into the arena today is Flick of the Wrist, looking worst for wear, but all that mild damage doesn€™t effect the operation of the robot. Mart€™s 6 wheel drive machine has bullied it€™s way to the final, by not giving up, by keeping on the attack, by bullying the other robot into making a mistake where the powerful drive slams the other robot into the arena wall/pit.

Both robots are in the arena, ready for the count-down.

Activate

And both robots are away, Flick of the Wrist is accelerating looking to get an early attack in on May Tracks, as Frank is keeping his front end pointing towards Flick of the Wrist, not wanting to run the risk of a side-way slam which could cause the tracks to damage, as Mart knows that Frank€™s front end is lower unless he puts the weight of the front on the forks again, but that makes turning harder, as it€™s double edged sword-blade of which Mart rides.

May Tracks comes onto the attack, however Flick of the Wrist using it€™s speed advantage speeds away from the front end of May Tracks, as Mart spins around, lowering the front forks and starts to move forward, cutting grooves out into the arena surface as Flick turns from 6 wheel drive machine to just 2 wheel drive, as both machines come together, as May Tracks spins around at the last moment, blinking as Flick of the Wrist spins around to try and stop May Tracks from getting under, but Mart is a moment too slow as the front end of May Tracks slips underneath the exposed side of Flick of the Wrist.

May Tracks pushes on underneath Flick of the Wrist and starts to push Flick of the wrist towards the arena wall. Mart is trying to get away from May Tracks, as the flipper fires the wheels get traction as Flick of the Wrist is fired from the flipper spinning mid-air, as it narrowly misses the fence. Frank is straight back in onto the attack, as Flick of the Wrist spins around and runs, but the road leads to nowhere as Mart is trapped between a wedge and a wall, as he puts on full power and launches towards May Tracks.

Flick of the Wrist hits into May Tracks and goes straight up and over the wedge, as Frank spins around to stop Mart attacking the rear end of May Tracks, the forks are down, as Flick of the Wrist is coming at May Tracks at full speed, Frank makes a quick dodge from Flick of the Wrist and comes back onto the counter-counter-counter attack, as Flick of the Wrist spins around to stop May Tracks from getting underneath and tries to dodge the slam, but fails to get away and for the 3rd time of the fight, May Tracks is underneath Flick of the wrist, as Mart€™s wheels spin trying to get grip to get away from May Tracks, but unlike before, Flick of the Wrist is starting out from a standstill, on a surface which doesn€™t give much grip, as the flipper fires sending Flick of the Wrist over the arena fence and crashing down onto the camera tracks.

Cease

Well that is that then, Flick of the Wrist is sent over the arena wall, as Mart fails to open up the weaknesses of May Tracks enough to successfully launch an attack, and so fails like so many others, as Frank manages to defend his title, and gets to keep a scaled down version of the plastic bottle.

Very well done Frank, commiserations to Marti, and congratulations to Dave and everyone else

Great fight Dave, well done Frank and Martijn.
    When do you plan to do that house robot thingy Dave?

davids
    Right about now :wink:

Wow, I managed to get all final four predictions right.

Whoops, scratch that, sorry, I got Hypertension wrong.

Register To Comment