Register To Comment
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Eye Of The Robot - Series 3 (My first real tornument!

Umm...same tactics as always?

Right - with all the tactics sent in, I can now complete Heat 1, befor emoving onto the rest of the competition! So...here goes...

HEAT FINAL:
    Whirligig 4.0 (1) vs. Ramthrax 2 (17)

WHIRLIGIG 4.0 vs. RAMTHRAX 2

Booth #1: Alex H
    Booth #2: Steven M

Roboteers, stand by!!!

3€¦2€¦1€¦activate!!!

Straight away, the dangerous Whirligig starts to spin up the ring. But Alex is quickly covering ground and SMASHES INTO THE RING! The ring throws Ramthrax away from Whirligig after that blow, and Steven chases it down to get a blow on the 3mm Titanium body! An entire sheet of metal is ripped away, as the audience whoops the champion! This seems to encourage Alex to smash into the fully spun-up ring, and stop it! He now lifts Whirligig off the ground and can now be seen driving at full force! BANG! Whirligig is smashed into the wall with so much force that the entire arena vibrates under the force! Ramthrax backs off and Whirligig scuttles away, ring spinning and makes for another blow to the sides, but the speed of Ramthrax overcomes the control of Steven€™s robot, and now rams into it again, now into the pit release button! Alex now slowly turns his robot around, trying to keep Whirligig on the scoop! He€™s succeeded! And now Alex has the Champion on a direct line with the pit! Ramthrax lifts Whirligig up off the ground, and now charges it onto the edge of the pit, before shifting slightly to one side, AND NOW THE CHAMPION SLIDES DOWN THE PIT!! Ramthrax now reverses into the centre of the arena and spins around in the centre of the ring in a victory spin, whilst Whirligig 4.0 lies in a smoking pit in the bottom of the pit!

Result:
    Whirligig 4.0 (1) goes spinning into a fit and spins away from the competition!
    RAMTHRAX 2 (17) GOES THROUGH TO THE SERIES SEMI-FINALS!!

Next Time:

HEAT 2
    Achilles (3) vs. Super Gore Evo vs. Liar 2
    Hypertension Mk.3 (19) vs. Eternia vs. BBAP 5

Send in tactics, predictions, opinions, and a PSP

Well...that was unexpected. I am proven wrong! Excellent fight there Paul.

Achilles vs. Super Gore Evo vs. Liar 2

I am actually not quite afraid of either of the two. Their flippers are quite powerful but my skirt strips should protect my sides and rear, and the strips are close together, meaning that theyll have a hard time getting under all the strips that are in their width. And since Super Gore Evo is invertible anyway, even if it does get flipped Ill still be good to go.

For this battle, Ill use the clamping claws. Attack Achilles, that boxy shape seems nice to get my claws around. Grab it, squeeze it with my excellent 3.5 tonnes of pressure, and push it towards the pit, my traction should be better than his because of the tracks, and I might even lift him off the ground while clamping. Dunk it in the pit ASAP. If Liar 2 sticks his face in, or is being a real pest, try to clamp onto a wheel and shove down the pit as well. This match isnt too bad for me at all.

Hypertension Mk.3 (19) vs. Eternia vs. BBAP 5

Not sure. When Martyn gets the stats up for BBAP 5, then well see.

Achilles vs. Super Gore Evo vs. Liar 2

Get underneath stuff and flip it in the air Id say. Super Gores spiked skirts should be easier to get under than regular skirts as there are corners everywhere. Achilles I can get underneath from all the corners as well as the back. Achilles might make the better target of the too as Super Gore is invertible. My invertibility should keep me save from Achilles weapon and my shape keeps me relatively save from Super Gores weapon. Also, with these 2 involved, only get near the pit when I can give someone the final nudge.

Im going to go for a different tactic than I have for a while, go for the hydraulics (which include the gripping claw) pick one of them up and dump it somewhere unpleasant is my order of the day.

Heh, you could be waiting a little bit then.

Register To Comment