Register To Comment
Page 157 of 169 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1682

Thread: How Could I Improve...

Riiiiight...well, it seems to be okay...now. :P

Sorry Paul, I didnt do it for Kody or anyone else so Icant do it for you.

Can somebody check Gulp 2.0 please?

http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=teamww&action=display&thread=355http://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...isplay&thread= 355

5. There is no rule against it. It means that the weapon itself will be just as powerfull as the real deal, if the robot frame or armour can take the load that is.

However, I would advise on making up your own specifications, and base them on existing robot weapons. For instance, Gravity 3 (the one in series 7) has a 100mm x 180mm ram. you could make yours 120mm x 180mm, that makes it more powerfull (5.5 tonnes as opposed to 4 tonnes) without too much of the downside (weight).

You could do the same on all kinds of vapourbots. Since vapours do not keep account of things real robots must take into account (metal fatigue, reliability, survivability, ease of maintenance) vapoursbots can get away with a lot more than real robots can. So real robots tend to keep the powers more in check a bit.

I think I€™m going to try a SHW Clusterbot:
    Name: S.U.C.K.E.R P.U.N.C.H

Part 1
    Name: S.U.C.K.E.R (Strange Underdog Can Kill Everything Robotic)
    Shape: Box
    Colour: Lime
    Speed: 15MPH
    Weight: 80KG
    Armour: 6MM Hardox
    Chassis: 3MM steel box section
    Drive: 2 LEM130s @ 36V
    Power: 4 NiCad Battlepacks @ 36V
    Locomotion: 2 Titanium tracks with a urethane-rubber coating
    Ground clearance: 1MM
    Dimensions in CM: (LxWxH) 45x70x20
    Weaponry: 2 5KG Spinning disks from the robot Dragonstrike each powered by an LEM200, attached to the robot by A-frames made from 4MM steel box section, each A-frame has a caster on each side at the point
    Srimech: Invertible
    Strengths: Powerful weaponry, Strong tracks
    Weaknesses: Quite light, High ground clearance, Tracks are open to axes and crushers
    Picture: Up soon

Part 2
    Name: P.U.N.C.H ( Powerful Underestimated newbie causes havoc
    Shape: Box
    Colour: Light Orange
    Speed: 15MPH
    Weight: 80KG
    Armour: 6MM Hardox
    Chassis: 3MM steel box section
    Drive: 2 LEM130s @ 36V
    Power: 4 NiCad Battlepacks @ 36V
    Locomotion: 2 Titanium tracks with a urethane-rubber coating
    Ground clearance: 1MM
    Dimensions in CM: (LxWxH) 45x70x20
    Weaponry: 2 5KG Spinning disks from the robot Carnage each powered by an LEM200, attached to the robot by A-frames made from 4MM steel box section, each A-frame has a caster on each side at the point
    Srimech: Invertible
    Strengths: Powerful weaponry, Strong tracks
    Weaknesses: Quite light, High ground clearance, Tracks are open to axes and crushers
    Picture: Up soon

They are linked by a cable designed to snap when they pull in opposite directions

7. ...right!

A few problems here, actually more than a few...firstly the weight of both is 80kg. If theyre a clusterbot, that means the total weight is 160kgs, which is a little bit overweight

Secondly, you really dont need to steal the exact discs from real robots, just saying a spinning disc is the weapon will do. Because its from a real robot wont make it any more effective or better...besides, Im pretty sure neither Carnage or Dragonstrikes discs are 5kg in weight

Thirdly, you dont need to state a chassis unless its really needed - like if youre Aaron and youre explaining how your robot can survive its own hits :P Also, with a steel chassis, 6mm hardox armour, at least 30kg in motors each and tracks, they would be considerably overweight at 100kg, and at 80kg...well...you get the point.

Theres smaller problems as well, like how is 1mm a high ground clearance? If theyre tracks, technically the clearance is zero...also, 4 NiCad packs will not power tracks on LEMs for five minutes, even without the weapon.

In short; could be considerably better.

I also like to note there is a (retired) vapour called Suckerpunch already. This is turning into a strange habbit you have Ben, nearly every name you come up with has been taken (kinda).

Meh, since this is an acronym Id say its not THAT much of a problem...

And besides that, I stand by everything Joey said

Register To Comment