Register To Comment
Page 11 of 169 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: How Could I Improve...

quote:

Also, how can its rear ground clearance be 25cm when it isnt even that high? Care to explain?

Well his robot is 23cm high, plus the 20mm (2cm) clearance provided by the wheels = 25cm at the tip of the inverted wedge.

Just because I wasnt studying the stats that analytically at the moment...

And besides, why does he need to put that anyway if its an inverted wedge? Well pretty much know what the clearance is.

4. quote:

IMO, Aluminum Boron Carbide is over-rated for armour.
    Funny, I just said the same about Titanium this morning.

Paul, the trick with flippers is this:

You have an amount of force that comes out of your cilinder. With the flipperarm you make a decision to use that force for either speed of power. It is always a trade-off.

Place the cilinder near the front you will have a lot of power, but gives your arm a limited amount of travel and swing and therefore you will more likely topple a robot over than really give it a launch.

Place the cilinder at the back gives you a lot of momentum but not a lot of power on the tip of the arm.

The trick is to find the sweet spot, where travel of the arm, speed, and sufficient power on the tip are at its optimum.

On our flippers we usualy have a 3:1 ratio, where 3500 kg of force at the ram still gives you a very impressive 1167kg (rounded of) at the tip of the arm. If your opponents are only 100kg, that is still plenty to send them flying.

Furthermore, Nitrogen has a serious downside, every flip you make the pressure drops, the flipping is not a constant. Your second flip will be less than the 1st, the 3d less than the 2nd and so on.

NITRO-GENE 3.0

€ WEIGHT: 100kg

€ ARMOUR: 4mm Hardox for the body. Holes are drilled into the slanted sides to allow for a 7mm Hardox flipper

€ SHAPE: Low invertible box with pointed sides and rear. At the front is a Storm 2 style wedge to end in getting underneath other robots.

€ MOTORS: 4 x LEM 130€™s at 36V = 36HP

€ LOCOMOTION: 6 Vulkanised Wheels.

€ DIMENSIONS: (L) 80CM (H) 15CM (W) 60CM

€ COLOUR: Black all over with the flipper coloured red.

€ WEAPONRY: A full pressure Nitrogen powered flipper at 1000psi, using a single 80mm ram at 1000psi. The flipper is mounted in the middle of the robot, and is 20cm wide and runs 30cm up the body. Using a 3cm long Titanium strip underneath the flipper, and a heavy flipping arm, the flipper runs completely along the ground. Running on a ratio 2.5:1, the flipper produces 2000kg of force at the tips, allowing me to launch anyone away! This version has 3 x 3kg Nitrogen bottles, giving me 30 flips!

€ SPEED: 25mph

€ GROUND CLEARANCE: 0MM-2CM. At the front, it is completely 0mm. On the sides/rear, its 2cm. The orginal weakness of Nitro-Gene (its high ground clearance) has been seen to by the skirts on the sides/rear. They are 4mm Hardox skirts and are joined together like BioHazard. To avoid them breaking off, they are held in place by Hardox hinges.

€ STRENGTH: Pushing power and weaponry.

€ WEAKNESS: High speed may mean difficult driving

Would you like to give me advice on this new version of Nitro-Gene, and tell me if they may be any troubles.

6. Missing batteries...

And youre definitely not going to be able to reach a speed of 20mph with S28-400s on shufflng pads! Lower it to around 10-15mph.

Other than that, a giant improvement.

davids
    Can someone improve this machine:

Shiny Happy People
    Shape: Box with Wedge
    Colour: Mirror
    Speed: 5mph
    Weight: 99kg
    Armour: 10mm corrugated fiberboard attached to a wooden chassis, but with some shiny old Robbie Williams CDs attached to the outside, so it looks like a mirror
    Drive: 4 wheel drive with 4 Ford windscreen wiper Motors @ 12 volts
    Power: Some 12 volt battery packs.
    Wheels: 4 wheels
    Ground Clearance: 2cm, but zero at the front
    Dimensions in CM: 50 x 50 x 20
    Weapons: Shiny Wedge
    Srimech: None
    Strengths: Its shiny!
    Weaknesses: Its Shiny!

Register To Comment