Register To Comment
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Proposed 100kg weight rule - East Mids and Yorks area discus

2. Ladies and getlemen,
    Folowing the idea of Grandfather Status for existing pneumatic heavyweight robots proposed by John Frizell. I was in the process revising Section 2 of the build rules to incorporate the increase in the featherweight weight limit, so I have also added Mr Frizells idea into the mix to produce a new Section 2.
    The most important result of this is that all existing pneumatic heavyweight robots can, subject to a couple of conditions, carry on claiming the additional 2Kg of gas indefinitley, and in the case new or rebuilt robots nothing will change until 01/01/2009.
    This is only a proposal at the moment, but I think it represents the fairest solution to this problem, and as such will be put to the committee along with any other proposals for condsideration in early January.
    Please feel free to comment, but PLEASE let your regional rep know your views on this by 31/12/2007, they are the ones that will have to vote on this and they need to know that they are representing you, the roboteers opinions.

2. Weight Classes

2.1. Weight Classification
    € Antweight: 0 to 150 grams
    € Featherweight: 1kg to 13.6kg [2.2lb to 30lb]
    € Lightweight: 13.6kg to 27.5kg [30lb to 60lb]
    € Middleweight: 27.5kg to 55kg [60lb to 120lbs]
    € Heavyweight: 55kg to 100kg [120lbs to 220lb]
    € Super Heavyweight: 100kg to 145kg [220lb to 320lb]
    N.B. Please contact the event organiser before commencing build on a Super Heavyweight.

2.1.1 Legged Robots [walkers] can weigh up to twice the specified weight in all classes. A walker must employ moveable legs to support its weight. Robots with rolling or sliding mechanisms will not be classified as walkers.

2.1.2 Maximum weight does not include safety bars, straps, guards or similar equipment used to immobilise moving arms/weapons or cover sharp edges. It also does not include any safety devices I.E. the €œsafety tether€ required while running in some arena types.

2.1.3 If interchangeable panels and/or weapons are used, the weight is measured with the heaviest set-up in place.

2.2. Maximum weight is to include all consumables I.E. gas, liquid fuels, etc.

N.B. The following exemption to rule 2.2. applies until 31/12/2008..
    Heavyweight robots will be permited to carry a maximum of 2Kg of gas in addition to maximum weight.

2.2.1 Any Heavyweight robot with a pneumatic weapon that has attended at least one FRA sanctioned event during 2006 or 2007 may apply for Legacy Status.

2.2.2 A Legacy Status robot will be exempt from rule 2.2. and may continue to claim 2Kg of gas in addition to maximum weight indefinitely, provided that the robot is not substantially modified or rebuilt. The FRA reserve the right to revoke the Legacy Status of any robot that has been substantially modified from its original design.

2.2.3 A Legacy Status robot may not enter any FRA sanctioned Championship or International event held after 01/01/2009 without the prior agreement of both the Event Organiser and the FRA.

3. That sounds like a terrific proposal to me, I would have no problem with it.

5. ill just find some other how to CHEAT!!

np but it does sound very good Im happy

im not :sad:

8. who..........me...........dont know what your on about mate. good job envy is under weight for this new rule thats all i can say.

sorry Mr Geoff, but no ant can weigh 0g can it be rewritten as upto 150g not 0-150g

not connected to the weight thing but it does bug me

Register To Comment