Register To Comment
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Noise - Series 2

then you underestimate building a robot Kody. every robot has a purpose, Tanto is deisgned to fast powerfull and unbreakable its an insurance policy against any future spinners, crushers, axes and anything else that could be built to tackle them too.

its very narrow minded to build a robot that can only survive the current crop of weapons, what happens when something new comes out thats more powerfull than the rest? build a new one? why bother doin that when you could build something thicker that will last alot lot longer

quote:

what happens when something new comes out thats more powerfull than the rest?

THEN you put on extra armour. You dont have to add armour if theres nothing out there that can damage your current armour. When something new comes along, well, see my first statement.

thats more expensive though Kody :P

If Craig lives by the philosophy that this new weapon is right across the corner, then hes damn right in thinking 20 mm Hardox is helpful :P

With the life cycle of a combat robot, I dont see the point of adding extra this and that for something that isnt here. If something new and powerful comes out that can bend 10mm, your probably due an upgrade on the bot anyway...

As I recall, Tanto is in its 5th version, what is that, a rebuild every 12-18 months?

approx every 2 years, it done due to change in avalible parts and rule changes, means i can build closer to my original idea for tanto, 5 years ago i couldnt of built the current and along the way it came closer and closer but also along the way the oppenents got stronger so did my will to build a tanto closer to my original plan. V5 is about as close as im gonna get, its only 20mm longer than my original idea the rest is about spot on

Are we all drifting away from the fact we may wish to see this tornument start?

Ive done some revising on facts and I have decided to make modifications to some of my machines entering.

MeCANNIBAL

€ WEIGHT: 110KG (SHUFFLER)

€ ARMOUR: 5MM HARDOX

€ SHAPE: INVERTIBLE LOW CYLINDER

€ MOTORS: 2 x ETEKS AT 46V = 30HP

€ LOCOMOTION: 2 SHUFFLING PADS

€ DIMENSIONS: (L) 80CM (W) 80CM (H) 15CM

€ COLOUR: BLACK WITH SCARY HUMAN FACE WITH OVER SIZED TEETH COLOURED RED.

€ WEAPONRY: RING SPINNER, MADE OF 20MM HARDOX, WEIGHTING 38KG, SPINNING AT 3500RPM, PRODUCING 205KJ PER BLOW. IT HAS 6 BLUNTENED TEETH MADE OF HARDOX. THE TEETH ARE SET IN A TRIANGULAR SET UP. HAS 5 INCHES WORTH OF TITANIUM SHOCK-PROOF FOAM TO STOP IT SELF-DESTRUCTING.

€ SPEED: 22MPH

€ GROUND CLEARANCE: 0MM-4MM. IT HAS A FULL-BODIED SKIRT RUNNING COMPLETELY ALONG THE GROUND THAT RAISES WHEN THE SHELL IS SPINNING BUT DROPS WHEN THE SHELL ISN€™T SPINNING.

€ STRENGTH: SCARY NAME AND WEAPON

€ WEAKNESS: HARD TO CONTROL

SKY-BLAST

€ WEIGHT: 100KG

€ ARMOUR: FRONT/TOP 10MM HARDOX. REAR/SIDES 5MM ALUMINIUM

€ SHAPE: BOX WEDGE WITH CONVAVE FRONT, ALSO CONCAVE SIDES AND A ROUNDED REAR

€ MOTORS: 4 S28-300 MAGMOTORS AT 24V = 80HP

€ LOCOMOTION: 4 VULKALON WHEELS

€ DIMENSIONS: (L) 50CM (W) 40CM (H) 29CM

€ COLOUR: SKY-BLUE WITH WHITE CLOUDS

€ WEAPONRY: A FIRESTORM STYLE FLIPPER ON TOP. FULL-PRESSURE CO2 FLIPPER, CAPABLE OF FLIPPING 3000KG.

€ SPEED: 32MPH

€ GROUND CLEARANCE: 5MM AT SIDES AND REAR

€ STRENGTH: SPEED AND POWER

Sky-Blasts change shows you are trying to improve the realism of your bots and will be approved by me

The new MeCannibal however is effectively a new version (if only by a small difference) of the old one, and therefor Ive decided to open a poll for this again... to that I wanna add Paul that RING SPINNERS can work perfectly well with a skirt like that, unlike TRANSLATIONAL SPINNERS like Grizzly Bear

Which brings me to Grizzly Bear... it originally had a skirt but I remember that being legally removed before the draw was done... just to get the facts straight, could you please re-post Grizzly Bears stats correctly Paul?

€ MOTORS: 4 S28-300 MAGMOTORS AT 24V = 80HP

You did see that though Martijn?

Register To Comment