Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Event Insurance

I have just rumours and i want to know if its true. New RR rules: you the builder and associated team members are responsible for all claims and damages arising from constructing and competing with your robot.

Does this mean that we all need insurance now cause i cant afford it? people will need to know before the champs if they have to get insurance

3. I thought that as members of the FRA we are covered by their own insurance?

5. As far as general roboteers go, no you dont need insurance to go to an event run by most event organisers. The event organisers have their own insurance (public liability, usually around £2-5 million) that differs from the FRAs. Unless you are using your robot at some form of event that isnt already covered by public liability insurance, such as an exhibition or school then this is the only time you as a roboteer would need to get insurance.

Guys

Does anyone know my email or phone number?

The rules are exactly the same as last year, nothing has changed.

Roboteers do however have to take certain responsibility for their own actions at events, that€™s why we work hard to push Robot Cradles, and ALL safety devices.

Regards

John
    http://www.RoamingRobots.co.ukwww.RoamingRobots.co.uk

8. Ok, pretend I am a 12 year old and want to understand this properly.

I have a heavyweight robot, i fight that robot in the arena with a FRA stamp of approval on it, and the robot was techchecked and approved, the sheet was signed by me and the tech check person. During a fight a flipper throws my heavyweight robot into a post of the arena and the arena collapses, injuring a arena marshall.

Who exactly is liable and who should have insurance?

10. Neither is mine, but i would like a straight answer.

Register To Comment