Register To Comment

Thread: 2007 Election Banter

Reckoned we needed a thread to bring the 2007 Election Banter into, and keep the other thread serious for the genuine voters/nominees.

So lets see some manifestos people!

Ceri, I believe you put yourself forward for the position of FRA Chief Nobody - I shall give you my vote

(Message edited by K_C_R on March 22, 2007)

Roboteer

Another vote here for Ceri!
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

See! I knew there was a thread in this!

So any challengers for the title???

No, I think we all feel that its a job tailored for you Ceri.

Wooho- Wait a minute... hey!!!

7. Sorry Karoline, was that a request for my manifesto?

Not to appear too intimidating to new roboteers.

As one of the people such as signs as this superman cape does not enable the wearer to fly. were made for, therefore to me, there isnt a stupid question. Ask me anything, Ill find an answer.

To represent the potential roboteers and fandom.

Lets be fair - who doesnt want to build a robot? There are loads of potential roboteers out there in the fandom and I will bring out the best in every one of them.

To stand for humour.

It is all to serious if you think of robot combat as a sport. Its very easy to think about how much that broken part will cost when you get home. But dont forget - you never came here to win. You came here for fun and that is what I stand for.
    I also stand for the sick and pregnant women on the bus, but thats a different matter...

To strive for Combat entertainment.

For me, robot wars was all about entertainment - Id see no better thing on the telly than a robotic cow fight a robotic lizard. Or red and black polka dot fur getting burnt...

As time has moved on however people have been obsessed with damage and the underlying humour has slowly disappeared. Instead what has happened is the damage obsessed have, as a result, built weapon mechanisms which can no longer be safely used - the FRA equivalent of the atomic bomb if you will.

Well instead of this lust for damage, I intend to strive for a challenge for uniqueness, innovation and entertainment. A competition where damage is frowned apon and style is rewarded dearly.

Such high hopes. *sighs*

Well thats settles it, you definatly get my vote!

This from a guy with wuppies on his robot.

Register To Comment