Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wheely big cheese

Hard Cheese was not one of Roger Plants robots afaik.

Its not just the fact that robots will hit the roof - its the other bits that are likley to hit the roof and go through. Small peice of armour, or a bolt fired at the end of a good flipper will go straight through even a so called reasonable roof.
    After Dave has seen the testing of objects hitting materials at speeds easily acheivable from a flipper its not worth risking at the moment.

James- Me and Ed started the CAD work at home, got the materials for the ram, buffer and valves and worked the designs over with some pneumatic fellas. Im woried that at the moment if it was built that i could be seriously responsible for an injury should a heavyweight get fliped over the polycarbonate walls (very possible) I think me and Ed will come to a conclusion wether or not to build Turbulence mk2 after seing the new arenas in the flesh.

If you are willing to show me your pneumatic setup i would be quite interested. Are you keeping the asthetics of the machine the same?

sounds good james. our arena will be 3M high from arena floor to roof, if robots are able to throw any higher than that you will start to have major problems with the floor structure being able to cope with the impact of a 100kg lump being dropped from that height.

WBC 2 is not designed for existing arenas, I have other plans

To be the worlds biggest catapult?

In other words...

-2>...bump.

(Message edited by kodster on October 22, 2007)

Register To Comment