Register To Comment
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposals from the RFL

2. If such an effort is made to put up the weight limit then equally as much effort should be put into getting the cadet class up and running as soon as so that the new builders have something to compete in if (once?) the weight limit rises without them living in fear of getting trashed.

Incidentally, if the open feather limit went up, would the cadet class have to go up too?

Just my moneys worth
    Jamie

P.S. Im not having a go at the cadet-class initiators here (XFM I believe?) although re-reading my post, it does sound like that. I was just using the name cadet class as a reference. No offence meant guys

Yeah as James and a few others of you say, you can fit all these nasty weapons and so on into 15kg, people with the money and so on will just build all these cool robots, and they will be very impressive and great, would love to see them, but also as james said - what about the new people.

At 12kg there is a sort of balance between super weapons and good armoured robots at the moment. To rasie it to 15kg - the powerful robots are going to take over and leave no room for new comers.

But what about the people who have worked sooo hard to get their robots to 12kg. Using Ti and all sorts to get the weight right down to 12kg, spent money on lighter items. Some would say, more weight, means use cheaper heavier stuff like SLA batteries - but we all know, with the current roboteers, that will not be the case, as James said above, 36v Nicads - bang in the robot = one cool deadly robot. Im sure Little Spinner will add another Mag LOL. So its a hard one.

Deep down i would like it to stay at 12kg.
    Maybe stretch to 13.6kg, but prefer 12kg,
    but 15kg is a no no.

Mr Stu

Well thats not much of a discussion.

Everyone agrees 15 kg is too much
    (Virtually) Everyone wants to keep the weight limit on 12 kg
    and 13.6 kg is an option if it needs to be.

In other words, lets keep things as they are in Europe.

I also think that the weight limit should remain at 12kg. If we allow an increase then it would be much harder for a less experienced teams (including my own) to build machines to cope with the new even more powerful ones.

Will}

7. mjm
    Figure out what the purpose of each class is, and adjust the rules (not just the weight) accordingly. Maybe we need different limits, or more or fewer classes.
    From an organisers point of view I want big heavy machines. As one to carry them about 25 kg (or so) is maximum. As builder/designer I dont care and build to the best of my abilities within set rules in the class I like best.

9. For me there is little evidence to prove that it is a betterment. So far, adding weight only makes robots more destructive, or less destructable.

So can you explain to me why upping the weightlimit is going to improve the sport? Not an attack, just want to know how you see this.

Register To Comment