Register To Comment
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Thinking Of Building A Feather, And Need Some Advice

2. The middleweight doom did that. Unsure if it would be a little too heavy for a feather

4. You can wire 2 motors onto one speedo however you must make sure that the speedo can take the current drawn by both motors without giving out the magic smoke.

You can wire a single battery to both speedos by wiring the speed controllers up in parallel with the battery. This allows you to have a larger single battery pack.

Kevin, If I were you Id invest in some reasonably cheap yet high-current speed controllers such as the Electronize controllers (which can be found at http://www.technobots.co.ukwww.technobots.co.uk).

Having read from the start of this thread I beleive you are more familiar with the type of speed controller often used with cheap RC Cars which usually comes in the form of a POT (Potentiometer) directly connected to a servo for proportional current control. This method is very fragile for use with a combat robot and probably would not handle the current required unless you have a particulary large POT. I definately reccomend investing in a speed controller similar to the Electronize or just an on/off servo operated swich if you really cant afford anything much. An on/off switch would make the driving particularly hard but should handle the current much better than a POT if you choose the right switch.

Sorry if I bored you

Register To Comment