Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New link design

Looking at thier datasheet:

http://www.andersonpower.com/products/pdf/DS-SB50REV01.pdfhttp://www.andersonpower.com/product...-SB50REV01.pdf

It does state that there max continous current is 50Amp for a 20C Temperature rise with 6AWG (13mm sq) wire, but their figures dont seem to add up.

At the full 50A it states a voltage drop of 10mV, hence 0.5W of power lost in heat. For this to be true then the connector + wire must act like a heatsink of 40C/W and that seems too high with such thick wire.

Jim, as I understood it, if you have 2 seperate electrical circuits then 2 seperate links are OK (with 2 seperate power lights) but weather they have to be together (or just near to each other) is a little unclear, and I suspect that if the robot design does not allow them to be together then it should be accepted by the event Organiser anyway. After all to make a Co2 robot safe you have to both pull the link and turn off the Gas and they are not always together so I dont see much difference.

team_ireland
    My feather has 3links. One for drive, one for weapon and another for the rx. All 3 are near each other. So i would not expect a problem.

Regards
    Ian

At Roaming Robots Events our arena man Pete always watches how machines are turned on so he knows what to turn off.

Mr Stu

we have a feather in holland wich could be interpreted as 2 robots bolted into 1. so, 2 receivers, 2 batterypacks, 2 removable links, 2 power leds. The links are not in the same place so you do have to de-link one side first and then the other. No way around that. I have allowed this robot in the competitions. If other Tech checkers have a problem with it i would appreciate another solution, but i honestly dont see how else to do it.

Register To Comment