Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aerial

Although I am am a necomer to this forum, I am close to completing a Featherweight after 18 months of construction.

I have recently purchased a 40MHz Car & Boat aerial and GWS PG-03 Gyro from Technobots. What is your preferred method for connecting the aerial to the RC receiver; should the entire length of the RC aerial wire be connected, or can the wire be shortened? Also, should the wire be directly connected to the screw terminal, or capacitively coupled via say a 10nf cap and is it sensible to screen the aerial wire and ground plane the aerial? I appreciate that this is not an exact science and Im not looking for theoretical perfection, but any advice you can give based on your or others practical experience would be most appreciated.

im just asking but did you invent the sinclair C5?

It definately does help if you try to keep the whole length of Aeriel cable that came with the Rx, but in robots, especially featherweights, this isnt really very practicle. If you just try to keep the cable as long as will fit you should still be fine.

Try this part of Paul Hills Website:
    http://homepages.which.net/~paul.hills/Radio/Radio.htmlhttp://homepages.which.net/~paul.hills/Radio/Radio.html
    (god knows what Id do without this mans website!)

Also... are you the guy who created that famous 3 wheeler weve all heard of?

Thanks for your very useful advice Geoff and Ewan. Sorry to dissapoint but Im not the the C5 inventor.

i plan to use a zeobot aerial on my robot, will this just bend and be damaged easily? and what other options do i have?

thanks alex

Roboteer

spectrum dx6 ...... no ariel
    ALL THE BEST TEAM TILLY

wrong pete...2 tiny aerials

Anyway back to the point. Normal arials do get bent, some people put some pneumatic tubing over to give some added protection. But Pete is right the best way is not to have any external ariel and geta 2.4 Ghz system (or 459Mhz like storm or kan opener, but that is v. expensive).

thanks might try and find some tubing, unfortunatly i dont have the money for the spectrum dx6 at the moment but eventually ill get there

thanks alex

Register To Comment