Register To Comment
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oddestsey

Now people are going to complain and say Alex, uoi€™re already running the VGC and Wars Incarnate, but this differs because I€™ll write it in real time and is not a touney as such, the closest thing to it I an think of would be Wars Incarnate meets the RW RPG that Steve did, but anyway heres the deal:

I need five people to enter, each of them must create for themselves an character, the more surreal the better to enter this world. They do it in the following way. This seems very long but isn€™t too complex. Finally do not rip off existing trade marked characters, I dotn mind if there based on something vague but not something specific - eg. If you made a character that resembled Link eg. Elf with a sword out of Zelda aslong as you could tell it wasn€™t Link I won€™t mind but if I recognise Mario eg. Italian plumber in red and blue I won€™t have it. Yuo all participate in an adventure, the details of which will be revealled once we start.

Step 1:
    Name your character, no expletives please.

Step 2:

Describe your characters appearance, it can be realistic (tho that€™s boring), sci-fi, fantasy, surreal, horror, whatever, just make it interesting. Include; gender, size, limbs number and type, skin appearance, face appearance, appearance of sense, how they move, does it have fur, feather, scales proportions etc. Bear in mind that this will not directly effect your characters capabilities in most circumstances unless you actually give it an ability corresponding to the feature in the strengths and weaknesses part later.

Step 3:

Allocate 70 points however you see fit to the following categories;

Strength or STR
    Pretty self explanatory, governs how hard you can hit with melee weapons, how much you can lift or carry or push etc.
    + For a High Score: Able to carry much more, able to move obstacles and clear paths, higher melee
    - For a Low Score: Very low scores will add a penalty to your SPE and DEX, lower melee attack and make it difficult to carry anything beyond the lightest of things

Senses or SEN
    How keen your senses are, effects accuracy, detection of things, searching ability, early warning of encounters etc.
    + For high scores: Avoiding traps easier, hidden items found more easily, bonus to COR, can spot enemies before they spot you
    - For low scores: far more vulnerable to enemies, will miss items, really low score will cause far more misses in combat

Intelligence or INT
    Governs how smart you are, not what you know, helps with reasoning with puzzles or outsmarting others.
    + For high scores; Will be able to solve problems or see how things work, will get more detail when looking at objects that rely on mechanisms, need less experience to advance in the skill of item use
    - For low scores; Will be a liability - may attack someone before know if they are hostile, may misunderstand new items and damage them or themselves, an intelligence of below 3 will cause lower speech ability

Wisdom or WIS
    Essentially common sense, is basically how good your judgement is, when talking to someone a character with low wisdom is more likely to offend someone even if their intelligence and knowledge is high.
    +For a high score: sensible balanced choices in all aspects
    - For a low score: misjudge fights; may do stupid things even with high INT, may risk themselves

Knowledge or KNO
    Measures what the character knows, a knowledgeable character will be able to find the solutions to technical problems and will be able to make use of far more items.
    + For high: will get more detail when looking at things, in some situations may get a strength and weakness analysis of opponents.
    - For low: will be lost and not have so much information, including what exactly thigns are (more vague descriptions) may not recognise certain items

Constitution or CON
    Governs how much life your character has and how resistant they are to things such as disease, poison and radiation.
    + For high; higher HP and resistacnes
    - For low; will be easy to kill

Dexterity or DEX
    How flexible your character is, a high dexterity score will allow you to move through mall spaces that don€™t allow for larger people, to dodge projectiles (when combined with a high speed) and also to perform better vital hits to an enemy by hitting them in more hard to reach places.
    +For high; better hits, able to get through small places, can dodge more obscure shots, can hit more agile opponents
    -For low; will miss far more, especially against fast enemies, will be unable to navigate certain places and certain movment kinds such as climbing and swimming will become much more decreased.

Speed or SPE
    Self explanatory, how fast you can run, how quick your movements are, what the maximum speed of an attack can you dodge etc.
    + For High; Will be faster obviously, can hit quicker and more often
    - For low; the opposite

Will or WIL
    How strong your mind is, essential for magic and psychic powers if you have any, but also useful if you want a character to be persistent and see through arguments.
    +For high: can win arguments, resist mental domination, channelling magical powers
    - For low; magic will be unpredictable, causing random effects, you will give up easily and admit defeat

Charisma or CHA
    How outgoing you are.
    +For high; will get better reactions from characters, certain magic will work better especially summonings, better prices at stores; makes a better leader for your party.
    - For low: will be nervous, a really low score will add a penalty to wisdom.

Stamina or STA
    How long you can keep going.
    +For high; will be able to fight or run for logner without getting tired
    - For low: will quickly become fatigued and need to rest at any kind of exertion, a really low score will add a penalty to carry weight.

Co-ordination or COR
    How accurate you are.
    +for high; can avoid things better, more accurate, very useful for ranged weapons
    - for low: will not be able to hit anything or avoid anything

Stage 4: List all your abilities under strengths and weaknesses, you need to balance them out as I will give each strength a plus rating and each weakness a - rating. If you have more than 5 you will advance really slowly in experience, if you have less than -5 you will be quite weak but advance quickly. After you submit your character I will give you a breakdown of how these thigns score; how to tell if it needs including - anything about your specieis that differs from humans and has an effect on it which effects how it is, not jst how it looks.

Stage 5:
    The last stage is basically picking one out of each of the following sections:

Thinking
    Logical, methodical, abstract, average, imaginative, mad, conrolled or erratic.

Alignment:
    Divine, good, warm, neutral, cold, nasty, evil, diabolical.

Mindset:
    chaotic, neutral, lawful, random

Finally if you want your character to have magic give a few word description of what type or just say general for overall magic.

Heres a sample character that will make it easier for you to do:

Pedro the Communist Caterpillar
    A 8 foot long green caterpillar with 8 arms and 10 legs, green and squishy and has no head as such, covered in spines. No ones worked out the gender as yet. Has some feelers at the front end.
    STR **********
    SEN *****
    INT *****
    WIS *****
    KNO *********
    CON ***************
    DEX *
    SPE *****
    WIL *****
    CHA *******
    STA *
    COR **
    Advantages ;
    Regeneration, adhesive feet, completely immune to poisons, spines are poisonous
    Disadvantages:
    Can€™t swim at all, very heavy, very soft skin
    Mad
    Diabolical
    Random

Magic: slime magic

And there you go, a completed character. Please have a go, its good fun, I hope.

Ooooooo! Me! Me! Me!

NAME: Professor Vengeance (evil Steves back, baby! )
    DESCRIPTION: http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/discus/messages/760/3660.html?1103142735http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/disc...0.html?1103142 735
    POINTS (/70):
    STRENGTH: 2
    SENSES: 6
    INTELLIGENCE: 9
    WISDOM: 8
    KNOWLEDGE: 10
    CONSTITUTION: 4
    DEXTERITY: 5
    SPEED: 6
    WILL: 5
    CHARISMA: 6
    STAMINA: 4
    CO-ORDINATION: 5
    PERSONALITY: logical, diabolical, chaotic
    MAGIC: the mystic art of science :wink:
    ADVANTAGES/DISADVANTAGES: see link

Thought this might interest you Steve. lol

Ok, sod the innuendoes, we all know Im gay anyways, Im gonna edit a girl I use in Buffy Fanfics.

Name: Sarah Elliot
    Appeareance: Cold blue eyes, pale skin, raven black hair that reaches to her shoulder. For the purpose of this she is an half elf, her ears point slightly but are mainly hidden by her hair. She is about 5€™6, 115 pounds, athletic build.

Because she is an half elf, her life cycle is out of sync with both elves and humans, living much longer than humans but not as long as elves, ie, at forty, she would look a teenager whereas a human is middle aged and an elf is still a kid. Her age is actually forty but she looks sixteen.

STR *****
    SEN *******
    INT *****
    WIS *****
    KNO *****
    CON ******
    DEX *******
    SPE ******
    WIL ********
    CHA ******
    STA *****
    COR ******

Strengths

Sarah is a practising wicca
    She is silent when she moves
    She has peripheral vision, can see from nearly behind her
    Good with knives if needs be
    Her most fluent magic is white magic (healing and holy spells)

Weaknesses

Sarah must scar herself to use magic, bigger magic, bigger scars
    She is not very trusting so she can rub people up the wrong way
    She must rest after large amounts of magic use
    Spells take time to take effect and she cannot fight while casting
    Because she is mainly in tune with white magic, dark magic discomforts her, she may feel ill in areas of dark magic

Thinking: Imaginative (for her spells)
    Alignment: Good (uses Holy powers but can use darkness though it would hurt her to, fire, ice, etc)
    Mindset: Neutral (Law and order is all good, but sometimes the rules need to be broken to advance)

As I said earlier, her magic is mainly Holy, she is strengthened in areas where large amounts of light magic reside (there are always residual effects of magic) and weakened with darkness though she can (rarely) use it, elemental magic can also be used.

It would be more intersting btw if anyone else entering used non humanoid characters, it doesnt matter if you ignore that, im just making a comment, or at lest make them cyborgs or vampires or soemthing

Chris: I wont use innuendos anway for several reasons a) im not gay but a large proportion of game characters i have are female b) id put in more innuendos anyway if all the characters were male and c) im not nasty in that way

Register To Comment