Register To Comment

Thread: Servo current?

team_ireland
    Servos can pull massive amounts of current for their size. It depends on the particular servo and what stress its under but for something like a futaba s3003 or a multiplex mx-6 or a simular standard servos its not uncommon to see them pull more than an amp from the receiver if under pressure to do something i.e. if trying to push a stiff lever etc.

team_ireland
    No dont!!!!!

Becs can do 1-2amp max they will just make the problem worse. Use 1 of the following

A proper 700mah or more Ni-cd AA cell 4.8v rx pack.
    Failing that a Battery box with 4 duracell batteries in it.

The first is much better as will last longer but if all comes to all use some duracells.

Regards
    Ian

team_ireland
    Jonas.

Is the servo really essential? Could you not do it with a rc switcher. Yes I know they are more expensive than a servo however they are much better and wont break or throw off a servo horn in the middle of a fight.

I personally have 1 servo in my robot to fire my valve but it is on the top of the list of things to be replaced.

But if you really cant then go for a Rx battery. Paul Hill one of the resident Techys (people who really know their stuff) is really strongly against regulators. They cause huge amounts of interference even with supression. But if you really have to go with something like a 5amp one. That should give you some spare just incase the servo stalls.

Regards
    Ian

You are trusting to luck if you use a BEC. I have a web page all about them here: http://homepages.which.net/~paul.hills/Emc/Bec.htmlhttp://homepages.which.net/~paul.hills/Emc/Bec.html. That page also has a section showing how to use a rechargeable battery that can be charged from the main battery when not in fighting mode.

Good luck!

Register To Comment