Register To Comment

Thread: Curtis Query?????????

Being ham fisted and breaking the Pro 120s. I have popped a set of spare Curtis controllers (1208c? with pauls adaptor box) in.
    These work fine on the cradle, but when on the ground, sometimes one side seems to stick.
    I also found that when I put a mixer inline the signal drops right off, and puts it in embarrasing crawl mode.
    Any ideas gratefully recieved. I am toying with the idea of bunging the Ncc60s in, but its a lot of fannying around, and I quite like the look of the curtis controllers, there is a certain well made quality about them....

Overvoltage
    The 1208C controller€™s internal circuitry self-protects during short-term overvoltage
    conditions. The overvoltage circuitry can be specified to either short the
    motor or open the motor connection (letting the vehicle coast).
    If the short option is specified, the motor will be braked to a stop so that the
    vehicle can no longer travel while the overvoltage condition exists. Because the
    motor is actually shorted, the braking effect may be significant. This is the
    recommended option for all 1208C controllers, and is required to meet TÅ“V
    regulations.
    If the coast option is specified, the motor will freewheel during overvoltage
    and will coast as long as the overvoltage condition exists. The €œcoast€ option is
    not appropriate for manned vehicles, because the controller cannot influence the
    vehicle€™s travel while freewheeling.
    NOTE: The overvoltage protection circuitry is designed to protect the controller
    during brief periods of overvoltage. These conditions may exist if the
    batteries become disconnected or any circuit protection devices open. Attempts
    to operate the vehicle for extended periods in an overvoltage condition€”such as
    trying to drive the vehicle with the charger attached and charging€”will damage
    the controller.

Nominal input voltage 24 V and 36 V
    Maximum operating voltage 125% of nominal voltage
    Minimum operating voltage 16.5 V at 24 V; 27.5 V at 36 V
    Nominal current limit 45-70 amps at 24 V; 25-45 amps at 36 V
    Time/current rating may be held at full current for 30 seconds (continuous
    current rating depends on mounting; 25 amps typical)

what mixer have you put in? the futaba mixers (also some ones built into TX) they reduce power to 60% when in the extremes of both channels. the GWS ones are best. i used the the same setup as you in my middleweight and had no problems.

Register To Comment