Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Filling for go-cart tyres.

If you go to ATS (the industrial division) they can send them away to be filled with a rubbery compound to make them puncture proof.
    I have a pair of kart rears treated in this way , BUT they are sooo heavy I cant use them, probably about 5 kg a piece now.
    The cost was comparable to buying puncture proof tyres from technobots, I think they came out at about £25 a tyre (depending on tyre size... these are wide rears, narrower rears or fronts would be cheaper) plus a tube plus obviously VAT... didnt manage to wangle any freebies on that deal...
    I dont think Ill be using them, so make me an offer... trouble is postage will probably make it not worth while.

Thanks, but I got shudders from reading that weight . 5 kg a tyre is simply to much...even if they probably could take a direct hit from a bazooka .

that green slime, is available in halfords and bike shops, its only good for holes up to 5mm big, i know this because i have used it on my bike. So i suppose its not good for robots.
    Danny

Ok, thanks Jeremy. We will wait with the filling till we know how the robot acts with different tyrepressures.

BTW...any good advice on how to best separate the wheel from the hub? Its really tight and I dont want to ruin the only pair of tyres we have .

Try http://www.faikartline.comwww.faikartline.com , I buy my nylon hubs from them and delivery is next day.

Register To Comment