Register To Comment
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting started, what do I need?

I agree on the second point... But has the first point been proven? On paper I have much more torque...

well the only obvious way to find out is a fight. Specifications dont prove anything, in theory alpha should have the same power as everyone else on golds, but we all know that isnt the case. Alpha is pushed to the limits in every fight (hence why ive burnt out two pairs of motors). Pushing Power isnt just about motor size, alot of factors effective the performance, all of which were included in Alphas design. Like I said the proof is in the fighting!

Ill take that statement to RC wars

im going bristol :P

One reason for Alphas performance may be the batteries. Very few people using those motors use them in combination with high capacity batteries.

Speed controllers also have a major effect.

as i said above, a number of factors go into the power, batteries and speedos being two. Also; gear reduction, transsmision, wheel diameter, wheel width, tyres, weight balance, speed controller settings etc.

damn :sad:... can jonno comfirm if feathers are or are not going (to Bristol)... Ive heard different stories all round...

my understanding is that only feathers with heavys are allowed to bristol.

Intereting posts about pushers there.
    Alan has relaly knocked the nail on the head in terms of there are soooo many different things that make a pusher more effective than another. Not juts down to power and batteries, the scoop, wheel sizes, gearing, and grippy wheels etc. But also down to gearing and your wheels diameter depends on your batteries also. Kitty used to run on 21.6v on gold motors, but we geared her differently so shes faster as kitty dont have a scoop etc to push, so no need for pushing power, just to run around and ram the blade into people. So many litle things you need to think about depending on which batteries to get.

Mr Stu

Register To Comment