Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rule 4.4 Remote Kill (Advisory Only)

team_ireland
    Hello

I was reading the rules and this rule hit me the rule states:
    4.4 Advisory only
    In addition all middleweight, Heavyweigh and Superheavyweight robots should incorporate a remote Kill on a seperate channel of the TX/RX which should bring the robots failsafe devices to the pre-set off or zero position via a switch on the TX. This is to allow for de-activation of the robots from outside a fully enclosed arena

I am only building a feather so it really does not apply to me but I would like to incorporate it if I have weight. But my problem is how do people do this? It it through very complicated electronics? as if so I will probably not be much good but all help would be greatly Appreciated.

Thank You

Regards
    Ian

team_ireland
    Very true Jim and also I know chaos 2 has one and if you flick the switch off and then back on the robot works again i dont think it would work with the idea of a solenoid removing the removable link.

Regards
    Ian

team_ireland
    Jim just to point out the rule is Advisory only but I still if I had weight would like to do it.

Julian i dont think thats the idea. Its ment to be that the removable link is still in but the robot wont work even if other transmittors are on the same frequency the robot is effectively dead.

Any Help anyone?

Regards
    Ian

Register To Comment