Register To Comment
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: *spoilers* Can we stick the review in this thread pl

team_ireland
    Christopher

It was edited so as the audience at home would think that Storm 2 was well on top. It was a very very very even fight.

Regards
    Ian

team_ireland
    well about 99% of the people I have talked to say mute should have won.

we watched it the other day on video. I agree that Behemoth won, surely razer were immobile for 30 seconds? Even if not, Behemoth easily won. It was also similar to when they fought in extreme, Behemoth were in total control for most of the fight but somehow Razer got the win.

well, in wc1 behemoth was balancing razer on its side, and that doesent count as immobolising the oponnent, i think razer got the win for damage and style and maybe some aggresion in the beggining of the fight. on the other hand, behemoth was more controlled (facing its scopp towards razer all the time) and prety aggresive for the rest of the fight after it took damage from razer.

In WC1 (if Ive got the wrong fight here, ignore me) Razer was unable to self-right while over the flame pit because the self-righting relied on the arm being right at the limit, and it was extending through the grille in the floor (below the level of the wheels) so the self-righting angle wasnt reached. I presume it was freed by the house robots on the principle that the arena hazards arent designed to trap robots (in the same way that robots stuck under the angle grinders are freed), but maybe Im giving Mentorn the benefit of the doubt in their consistency. Razer was pretty much undamaged, but Behemoth had some big holes, mostly inflicted after Razer finally righted itself. Razer is *very* good at getting stuck on arena hazards: the flame grille vs Behemoth, the angle grinder vs Firestorm, the angle grinder vs Tornado, tail hooked under things on occasion... surprised its never been OOTAd, really.

In their other match, I gather Razer had overheating solenoid problems (or some such), and spent a lot of time running away after inflicting a little damage; they were eventually flipped just late enough that the fact they couldnt self-right didnt count against them (much to the annoyance of team Behemoth).

As for Storm 2 vs Mute in the New Blood final, thats one of the few Robot Wars fights I saw live (plus the others on that day, obviously). It was certainly hard to call, but, while Storm kept running into Mute, it certainly wasnt ramming it against the wall or anything. Since Storm was faster than Mute, its hard to see how Mute could do more to attack Storm than it was doing. Storms wedge was bent, meaning it had limited traction; paint (allegedly) was smoking off the rear wheels, and if the wedge was bent, it was (slightly) damaged. Mute had no apparent damage from where I was sitting. Id have given it, narrowly, to Storm on aggression (again, not by driving intent so much as by having the faster robot and therefore instigating the attacks), but thought if Mute gets a flip in, itll go the other way and, lo, it did.

It was a tight battle, and I wouldnt say it was as much a robbery as I gather Storm vs Typhoon was (even people not keen on Ed seem to disagree with the judges), but Id have given it the other way. Mind you, I wouldnt have given Mute the victory over Bulldog Breed (? - memorys going) or given Typhoon the win over Storm, so swings and roundabouts.

--
    Fluppet

Register To Comment