Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations on gear MOD

Im thinking of changing Kronic from chain drive into gear drive. Could anyone recommend to me what type of MOD gear I should use? I know that I can get MOD 1, 1.5 or 2 from Technobots but Im unsure of which one to go for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dave

Excellent. Thanks everyone for the advice. Look forward to seeing you at Portsmouth Trev.

Dave

Dantomkia uses MOD1 and hase used the same gears for 5 years now.

The new boxes will use MOD 1.25

Mike

We also have MOD 1.0 on our drive. We had to replace the gear on the motor though last month as it was getting worn after about 100ish fights. Mind you we dont grease them as its sticky, gets your hands dirty, and all the bits picked up from the wheels sticks to it and its hell to clean.

Our last gear on our arm is MOD 2.0 (EN-65) then a 2:1 chain drive. This gear has about 2,000Nm of torque on it during stall so this might be a little over the top for a 100Nm drive.

A stupid question but... Whats the difference?

revolutionroger
    Gear Definitions, as follows;

Tooth sizes and pitch (spacing) are generally expressed in two ways (metric+imp)

DP (Diametrical Pitch)
    The number of teeth per inch of Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD) - How many teeth per inch around the outside of the gear (large number=small teeth and small number=big teeth)

MOD (Module)
    The Pitch Diameter (in mm) divided by the number of teeth. So a 60mm gear has 60 teeth at MOD 1, 30 teeth at MOD 2, 20 teeth at MOD 3 etc.

Hope this helps, cant advise on what size to use, cos we dont. (use chain drive)

Thanks Roger, thatd been bugging me for a long time.

Register To Comment