Register To Comment
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire

We will have to open the gate for you Mark but you got to promise to close it when you go back through

We had a very good evening at the George Hotel in Huddersfield this evening. There were 19 people there - possibly a record for an FRA social. Kevin Scott gave us a view of the national FRA scene, reminded us of the reasons for setting up the FRA, and told us about the proposals for a 4-day national event in place of Series 8 in August 2004. He also went over the calendar of other FRA events. Jim McArthur volunteered to improve the layout and presentation of the up-coming events on the web-site. Kevin explained that there would be elections for the President and Chair of the FRA in the next few weeks. He hoped that anyone who was not yet a member would support the FRA and get their membership in soon. (The application form is on this website.)

There was a discussion about the new FRA requirement for a running light, and another about the forthcoming tether rule. Kevin believed that it was proving very difficult to write down this rule, and because of this it could not be enforced. However he encouraged all roboteers to build in such safety features themselves. That way others could see and learn how it could be done.

Some roboteers had brought robot components with them, and these were passed round. There was a discussion about the pressure rating of the Burkert 5404 0.5 valve. It was nominally 50barg. Jeremy Cuss, in discussion with the manufacturers, had established that it would switch up to 55barg with only 21.6 volts on the coil. Magmotors and a Roboteq 2250 controller were also passed around.

The George Hotel was a comfortable place to hold the meeting. It was easy to find, and easy to park. (It is also next door to the Railway Station.) We decided to hold another meeting in Huddersfield in 2 months time, on Saturday 5th June. It will probably be in the George Hotel again.

Jeremy as said it all. But i was dissapointed i thought that the mag motors and roboteq were raffle prizes. Joking apart it was a great turn out and a big thank you to Jeremy for setting it all up and thanks to all that did turn up on sutch a damp night see you all next time

Hi Roboteers,

After out first meeting in April I agreed to organise another meeting in Huddersfield for roboteers on the first Saturday in June.I have moved the second meeting to the Albert Hotel because the George has a wedding reception on that evening.This meeting is not intended to be exclusively for Yorkshire people, and roboteers from Greater Manchester, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire (and elsewhere) would be welcome. Please pass this invitation to any other roboteers who would like to attend, and who dont read this forum.We got 19 people to the first meeting. and I hope to better that this time.

This meeting will be held in back room (the Dining Room) of the Albert Hotel in Huddersfield at 7.30pm on Saturday 5th June.The Albert is in the centre of Huddersfield, and can be found by reference to the attached maps. The hotel is close to the Town Hall - if you get lost.There is plenty of car parking space off Alfred St.

The address of the hotel is:-
    The Albert Hotel
    Victoria Lane
    Huddersfield
    West Yorkshire
    HD1 2QF
    Tel: 01484 421065

The provisional agenda is:-
    1. Welcome and Introductions
    2. Info from the FRA Executive, with an opportunity for feedback that will be passed to Kevin Scott our regional representative
    3. The Design of Meaner Streak - A description with plans of what follows after Mean Streak from Huddersfields foremost roboteer, Del Meads
    4. Exchange of information/equipment between roboteers.

Do let me know if you think that you will be able to attend, and I will send you a map with directions.

Best wishes,

Jeremy Cuss
    Email: jeremy.cuss@btopenworld.com
    Tel (Home): 01484 658440
    Tel (Mobile): 0797 36338819

jeremy im in

Should be able to make it, but will have to verify with work. Anyone from lincs want a lift?

Register To Comment