Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does a wooty review mean the woot reviews, or the woot is re

Welcome to tfirst ever review done solely on the FRA forum. I miss the old forum already:sad:

I NEED A HUG DAMNIT!!!

Melee 1

Spawn Again immediately chased down Chip, probably because they thought it was the most dangerous there. Anyway, they got a slight hit from the disc and threw them out easily enough. Meanwhile ROTAS had managed to disable Neater Machine with a hit and a flip, so it was just a formal battle between Span and Revenge which Neater Machine was counted out.

Melee 2

The new Executioner looks VICIOUS! And I say that with a capital vicious... Wait, I just did. Meh. On the other hand, they seemed to have trouble getting that spinning blade to actually hit their targets. It certainly hit Topbot though, flipping it with one hit and discembowling it with another! Raging Knightmare was obviously having flipper trouble, but showed willing while Topbot, after losing their blade... Ran off. Psychos head coming off was a good laugh though. ROCS also showed willing.

Now... WHY did Psycho hit Executioner? It wasnt in the CPZ!! Had it broken down? If so, dont the viewers deserve to KNOW about this beforehand? Stupid editing.

World champs

Terror Turtle got one attack after lots of dodging... Drove up snakebites wedge... Snakebite used Razeresque tactics and got rid of Terror Turtle. Really these fights are getting boring. Often it seems the winner is never in any doubt.

ROCS vs spawn Again

Spawn Again was well on top for most of the fight, but ROCS was staying in there... Then they managed to get behind Spawn and trap it in a CPZ wherupon... Killalot cut their hydrullic line and not only meant they couldnt clamp Spawn to get rid of it, but also couldnt self right when flipped again. Stupid house robots.

Raging Knightmare ve Revenge of Trouble and Strife
    Raging Knightmare was very much the agressor in this fight, but couldnt seem to get Revenge over. However, a pipe burst on Trouble, allowing Knightmare to tip it over at last. Good aggresion and attacks by both machiens make this... fight of the night.

Raging Knightmare vs Spawn Again

Over too quick for my liking... The initial few flips had me thinking Yeah, this is gonna be a nice even flipper fest, possibly going to the judges. Instead Spawns reliablity comes back to haunt them and their flipper explodes. Meh. Well done to Raging Knightmare anyway

First time...

Spawn Again failed to make the semies

Spawn Agains reliability is exploited

Raging Knightmare make the semies

A robot balances perfectly on the fence

Spawn gets flipped OOTA.

Somebodie€™s weapon explodes

...Lot of firsts tonight, eh?

Mr Psycho losing his head was funny.
    Who was the other house robot in the spawn/rocs fight?

popeye
    Frank, Mr Psycho hit The Executioner because wed been dead for about a minute (busted speed controller). However, because the radio & engine were working fine, we just sat there with the disc spinning flat out. R.O.C.S. came over to have a look, but wisely decided that if they had a go at us & caught the disc, they would have taken serious damage.

We then just sat there waiting for the House Robots to do their thing. The only damage we sustained from Mr Psycho was a bent weapon when his hammer hit us, & two small holes in the carbon fibre debris panels inside the weapon bay from his hand. There were no crush marks on the outer body shell, & no big dents from being dropped from a great height into the pit.

popeye
    If theres a Series 8, it will. With a tougher scoop & a new, stronger weapon.

popeye
    Time..... Mark works in Austria, & Im very busy so I have to fit robot building in amongst a lot of other things (including two jobs). It normally ends up that we get one shot a year as building takes so long.

The first Executioner was a bit of a pain because to get the massive pump & other hydraulic bits within the weight limit, we had to use an aluminium chassis. This is not easy to weld at home unless you have a really decent big MIG. Modifications have to be made in the garage, then taken somewhere to be welded with decent MIG/TIG equipment. Also, even with a regen valve, we found hydraulics too slow. Hence a petrol spinner. The other thing was battery life, the pump pulled in excess of 125amps. Battery life was a bit of a problem. Petrol engine performance doesnt drop as the fuel is used, whereas motor performance drops as the batteries run down.

I design the robot in my head as I go along, the only engineering drawings (if you can call them that), were for the spinning weapon as this had to be made on a very big lathe.

Register To Comment