Register To Comment
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Power/failsafe LED

The power light LED, not leds on signal things.
    Coz u cant reallt take all leds of all interfaces etc.

Just the main powerlight led.

Mr Stu

team_ireland
    Is this legal.

I have 3 lights on my hobbyweight.
    Red: Link Is In
    Yellow/amber: Batteries are pluged in
    Green: Rx has power.

Only the red led goes off when the link is pulled does this mean i cant use this set up?

Regards
    Ian

I agree Stefan.

Mr Stu

there is a little green led at the back of my bot, that is on when my link is in, and off when my link is out. And if that is not ok with you guys, tough.

Thnx for the info.

Paul, Ill mention it again just to make this thread a little bigger. If the(any) LED is ON then the robot has power. If its off then either the robot is not powered up or the LED is faultly. If after you have taken the link out and the LED is on then you must assume that the robot still has power. Even in ours it takes around 10 seconds for the LED to go out. It is an indication there is power in the robot. Ill say that again just to make sure you all get that. It is an indication that the robot still has power.

If the robot still has power then it is still cabable of moving/activating weapon. If you push the robot along and the LED lights up DONT assume that the robot is safe. It now has power again, maybe even enough to activate your weapon. OK most people who use CO2 will have turned the gas off before they move the robot.

Now if there is another LED that is on after the link is on then how do other people know that your robot powered down. They dont. So dont fit it unless you can turn it off before it leaves the arena.

This rule is here and if you have problems with it then by all means ignore it if you want but dont make a fuss if you get kicked out of an event because of it. If you want it changing then get your local FRA rep to bring it up at the next meeting. I think the rule is clear in what it says and common sense tells us how to implement it. If you are still having problems then I suggest you give up now.

Register To Comment