Register To Comment
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tethers

team_ireland
    you can get 10ton webbing minimum. I think you can get more but I Definately know you can get 10ton. Contact Gunnebo. They are a very good company and will supply quality webbing (not the cheep chineese stuff). You can probably get away with the cheep stuff but it will not last and considering webbing is so cheep anyway (about 5euro for a 2ton 1meter web sling) your better off with the proper stuff. Also Arthur have you thought about chains?

Grabiq chain is top quality and incredibly strong.

Regards
    Ian

on ours we are going to have it fixed to the flipper by a ball joint type of thing and a tether from 3 lyers of seat belt (brand new for an old jag or from a fiat panda)

@ Kev: I think a long hinge counts as two points - one at either end of the hinge. A single pivot such as that on most axes would count as one point, and can be more easily damaged by twisting forces. If the flipper is attached to the ram by a joint then that also counts as one point. It looks like Gravitys hinge counts as two points.

No offence, but I dont think Richards defenition is correct.

Im just guessing here, but according to what Ive heard, the defenition depends on how many pivot points you have. For example, a flipper like Dantomkia have three points, one at the bottom of the ram, one at the flipper arm, and one that connects the ram to the flipper arm.

But as the ram in Gravity is stationary, I consider that a one point flipper, with the only pivot at the top of the arm.

Register To Comment