Register To Comment
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Full Pressure Cutlet

Weve done a similair thing but instead of using a rc switch we used a model aircraft speed controller. It fits directly on the back of the motor & plugs into the rx. It has a failsafe built in so breaking the white wire causes it to stop. I think it cost £20 for the 30A 12V one. The speed controller only works one way but is alot smaller and lighter than most rc switchs.

team_ireland
    Would a simple servo powering an on/off switch work?
    Regards
    Ian mc Dona;d

Course it would but it will be a bigger system. Can you remember the old mech speed controller for RC cars these would be ideal or you. Just remove that large resistor and only use the last speed (Think they are only 3 speeds)

team_ireland
    Hi

In my profile I have a pic of my Servo Powered Switch will this be ok in your opinion?

Regards
    Ian Mc Donald

Neat! Looks ok, assuming the switch can handle the current drawn by the compressor.

That Switch will NOT handle the current of a compressor. Am i right thats- that switch is a normal RC Swtich?

Even so it looks WAY too slow. Comprssors have been draining peopls NICAD packs for god sake. Dont think that switch will hold up very well.
    Use something like a hmm what they called, micro swtichs? forgot their name, never uses em. Use one of them to turn on/off a relay.
    The switch you have is maybe only around 5/8amps.

Mr Stu

8. The compressor Ive got runs up to 300psi but we only use it to 150psi at that pressure the motor is drawing just under 10 Amps. At stall the motor draws 50Amps but if nothing goes wrong with the compressor then a 10 Amp Continous Rated switch would work. It is still important to note that the switch must still be able to handle the 50 Amps peak current on contact or the resulting spark will jam the switch ON. This is a common fault with Relays in Heavies operating weapon motors. Even worse if its a disc.

Our solution is still the Speed controller. Usually weights less and more reliable (4QDs Excluded).

team_ireland
    Its not a standard rx switch. Its one I bought from a catologue. Its good for about 10-15amps.
    If it dont work it dont work but it should work for the valve atleast (the solenoid valve)

Comments Please

regards
    Ian Mc Donald

Register To Comment