Register To Comment
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Pressure Cutlet

Well, my full pressure flipper makes sense as far as i can see, in terms or price and weight. Effectivelly you have components of the same weight in each set up, but youve also got a regulator in LP, its cost, weight, and assosciated freezing probs. Weight is especially important as there arnt that many lightweight 10bar regs around that dont cost a bomb. You can modify some, but my respect (read: fear) of pneumatics is such that I dont trust myself playing around with springs in the reg.

For my full pressure set up, Im half way through building the rams now- surprisingly not as difficult as i expected, and the O-rings were the most expensive part, but Ive been able to build my 40mm bore, 100mm stroke FP ram for about £15.

Working back, weve got the pipes and tubes and so on. Really just a question of using hydraulic instead of pneumatic, and from the bufferto the valve to the ram Im using copper pipe due to increased bore and therefore to make the most use of the G1/2 orrifice on my valve. The valve is a burket- £95 from technobots. You can pick up low pressure ones from technobots for a lot cheaper- the low pressure equivalent (ie 2/2, G1/2) is about the £45 mark iirc. Exhast valve- you could use another burket but that would be silly- very heavy, and expensive, and you dont need the operating speed. Im using a stainless 3/8 ball valve from technobots (about 5 quid) and a servo to do that. weights nothing and only cost about £10. Furthur back youve got the buffer tank- I built this agaon, but that WILL have to be certified. I would imagine that costs tho I need to talk to mario on that one. Low pressure buffertanks you either have to blag or buy or build, tho everyone seems to be able to blag them. further back youve just got your hydraulic pipe from the buffer to the tank. thats nice and simple. And of course the releif valves and gas dumps and what not, but thats all detail )

In all Id probably say FP is cheaper, potentially lighter (tho bear in mind the extra weight of the rams and buffer and so on due to greater wall thickness). But obviosly theres the draw back of getting through lots of co2 very very quickly! And the usual health warning applis: dont do it if youre not confident you can etc etc. A common sense approach to robotics will keep you safe for the rest of your life. Hmm, thats puts quite a large number of us in danger :-p

I like this what Ian said -
    If you want my honest opinion of how to build the ultimate feather flipper, and keep within the 12Kg weight limit...... I think the way to go is low pressure with a well positioned in-line buffer tank, and very large piping/flow after the buffer all the way to the ram. Actually the preference would be to have no piping after the buffer at all. Just fittings with big holes in, and a large valve.

Hopfuly, if Ians statement is correct, and i have done the right things, and the right people have told me the right things = FlowRate should follow that stement from Ian.
    Eds mentioned the stats so far, big piping, big valve, found out its the same valve that Dominator 2 and Kat 3 use for their Heavy Weight Axes. Big buffer tank in line with the valve, supplied by using 19mm Inner Diameter Piping.
    Will see how it preforms soon.

Cut_Let 540 will have the power
    But will it have the speed to flip a 12kg Feather higher than a High flow rate LP flipper? We know the difference from Dantomkia and M2. We shell find out in combat within the next few weeks.

Mr Stu

4. team_ireland
    How does this sound:
    1.1kg Co2 Bottle Resevor
    High Flow Rate Regulator
    600g Dry Powder BufferTank
    5/2 10bar Valve with 1/2BSP Fittings
    80mm Bore 100mm Stroke Ram

All Running at 10 bar with a set up of 2:1 in movement

What do you guys think?

Regards
    Ian Mc DOnald

Very Heavy!
    1.1kg bottle does not mean its 1.1kg. It means it stores 1.1kg of Co2. The bottle is proberly about 2kg.
    High Flow Rate regulator, - in a feather weight - again, VERY HEAVY! About 800g to 1.5kg. Yor 80mm bore ram 100mm stroke will be over 1.5kg. Your valve will also be over 1.5kg also. My 3/2 1/2bsp is 600g - and thats a special one i got hold of, a 5/2 will be very heavy.

Your 600g Dry Buffer tank - i bet thats 600g stored powerder, again it will weigh more.

Both RIP and FlowRate are pushing the weight limit BY ALOT already, with smaller stuff. RIP has a shell made out of 1.2mm Ti for god sake which weighes sod all for its chasiss. Rip does not even use a Buffer tank due to weight. Well also due to the high flow reg.

Also another thing - the idea of a Buffer Tank is that you dont need a high flow rate Regulator. Unless your Terrorhurtz. The idea is to have a buffer tank which fills your rams about 2 times. (FlowRates buffer tank can fill my rams 3.2 times)

Im sorrry Ian but - keep dreaming.
    Using a 1.1kg Co2 bottle - u aint got a chance to start with.
    Were all struggerling to fit 600g Co2 bottles in.

Message to James B - 540 is the amount of degrease it self rights - not motors.

Mr Stu

Register To Comment