Register To Comment
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this even worth fighting for?

Sam, I know you dont dislike them - it was never my intention to even suggest at it.

What does get my goat is the following comment (I wish to make clear that it was not made or even suggested by Sam)......
    ....after all they are only fans and not experts in the field.
    Those people that have been dissmissed as only fans become the experts of tomorrow. Without them there are no more people to take up the baton, no more people with new and different ideas and skills in developing the sport which is essential to its very survival. You can have as many TV shows and live events as you like but if no ones watching - whats the point?

It surprises and concerns me that the Razer team more than anyone elso would be content with just resting on past glories instead of getting out there and pushing things forward which I have no doubt they can. Team Razer has a very large and dedicated fan base but this whole thing reminds me of Spandau Ballets umpteenth comeback tour - how many times can you get away with singing True until the audience gets bored and goes home?

Although Im a member of the FRA I still consider myself a fan. Im learning how to build a robot (an antweight) and with absolutely no technical skills I have to pick a lot of peoples brains at a basic level by researching web sites and by posting questions on this forum. Above all I support the success of live events at any weight. Even by watching I can learn a hell of a lot. Those live events are events with fighting robots - I would learn nothing from just a show and tell session.

Hey guys.

Why all the commotion? Lets just sit back and chill.
    But really, the reason why Razer fans tend to be the most vocal interests me. Perhaps its just because there is more of them. But i suspect that the real reason is that Razer are still among the best. Lets face it, both Wheely Big Cheese and Hypnodisc (2 robots i hold in very high regard) would probably face difficulties in even getting beyond the heats nowadays! As series 7 has progressed, a new breed of robot has been shown that even the mighty flywheel of the disc would just bounce off. Ones such as M2. But Razer would still probably stand a fighting chance against these, and I suspect that most fans know this, which is why they are digruntled by the beaks abscence. But enough. Roll on the new world champs...

Razer/Razor have been mentioned 74 times in this thread. Wait 76 time now. If no ones interested in them why mention it so much? Maybe its because we would all like to see them back on the fighting circuit. I for one would like to have a re-match (freindly) at a fun event but if it doesnt happen then Ill carry on with whatever competition is out there not sit back and critisize them for not fighting. There are times when we dont want to fight and I would take offense to people who look at us like some of you are to Razer(77).

Register To Comment