Register To Comment
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Debenham 10th/11th April 2004

did anybody get our entry
    team knuckles

Hi guys,

Sorry if you are short of information about the Easter Robot Rumble.Hopefully what follows will help.

Entry list is restricted to 30 heavyweights with feathers/ants in same ownership if hotel allocation is required.Additional feathers/ants accepted but not with hotel allocation.Entry list is full, but volatile as some drop out, leaving space for those from reserve list.(Ed should consider publishing reserve list so that reserves know where they are in the heirarchy).

The event is two days (Easter Saturday/Sunday) with a morning and afternoon session for audiences of 3 hours each day.Food will be available throughout (and licensed bar) from Leisure Centre (well organised with food service to the Pits with a wide menu.)

Photographers/Video people can contact me for advantageous viewing points (through Makralon though) - my contact details to follow.

The Saturday evening will incorporate the usual social event at the venue and is mostly a chat shop with food and drinks but will be backed by a Roboteer Disco (Team Gladiator).A food voucher will be allocated to each roboteer team (three members), additional guests of roboteers are more than welcome to join us though.

The Judges will be Alan & Ann Gribble (Pussycat), Rex Garrod (Cassius series) and Arthur Chilcott (Mortis).

The Pits will be partly in the Arena Hall and partly in the Squash Courts (as formerly).Overhead electrics supplied to Pit benches; C02 courtesy of Dave Melton (Firetrace)and workshop facility available.

Hotels have been booked in accordance with numbers supplied by Ed.Venues and names will be issued a few days before the event when final entry list is confirmed.

The format of the event is being determined and run by Jonno and his Roaming Robots crew.So any questions or suggestions direct to him please.

The audiences will be held in the adjacent Community Centre building prior to release into the Arena area and will be able to return there afterwards also.Food and drink will be available to them there and some stalls will be set up.A good place for Memorabilia sales if you wish to set up shop.

Anyone able or willing to display posters in their locality, please contact me (phone or email) with address and quantity required.

The details of the Box Office etc posted earlier were correct and I confirm the number is 01728 861101.

Note to Ed:Please add this information to the Robot Rumble website ASAP.

I hope the foregoing is helpful, but if anyone needs additional information,please contact me on eddy@portsupport.co.uk or 01728 860564.My mobile is 07989 971702. but I rarely carry it as it cant be used in the car or in the Council Chamber where I spend much of my time.

Best wishes to all and looking forward to seeing many of you at Easter.

Eddy Alcock (also for Roy).

Ive got a feeling there booked up...

Regards
    Dave moulds

6. Guest
    Will there be an offical DVDr released after the show?

I wish that I was going. It looks a very promising event. Oh well, next year.

Mike.

Register To Comment