Register To Comment
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mute

I run 4 packs of 9 cells, think I do about 16 mph but not sure I can spin and drive quite quickly
    aswell. After a 3 min fight im not normally under 50% battery remaining.

Thanks for info Terry, we've gone for the 5 packs of 8 (might drop to 4 packs if 5 packs is a bit tight), think we used to do 15mph on 24volt as our gear ratio is 6.5:1

New 8mm thick Kevlar top armour is just been shaped, so the hammer bots have something to try and get through

Is that Kevlar composited onto the Ti?

The rear centre section where the batteries will sit will have 2mm st/stl base, 8mm kelvar sheet and 4mm grade 5 ti, the top of the side pods will just have the 2mm st/stl base and the 8mm kevlar.

The kevlar is in sheet form and came from barclays bank we were told, the stuff on Mutes sides has last all the battles before we stopped and just needs a reglue and gentle bash with a big hammer to make it good as new

Adam, Mute is looking good
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

Adam, hows the rebuild coming on and will Mute be at Guildford?
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

Battery packs built now, so just the rewiring to finish off.

Mute armour is all fitted back on, just need to get some paint on.

Wont be able to make Guildford sorry as I'm on holiday, haven't really looked at the events yet until we get it finished, hopefully should be ready for pretty soon.

Mute has been fully rewired and had it motors and weapons firing for the 1st time since 2005, just need to sort a few more bits out and get the armour fitted back on and it should be ready for a few tests in the arena.

New speedo and battle switches seem to working great, guess we need to check the speedo under load.

Few pics of other stuff we've done for Mute

Mutes new buddy box made from a Wii Nunchuck

Mutes new trolley fitted with a motor bike scissor lift for easy loading etc

Cheers

Hopefully we will be, will be nice to see you guys again

Register To Comment