Register To Comment
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Feather Weight Smash 2004 - March 6th / FeatherWeights.org

is it;

Oh Yeah (On The Radio)
    by roxy in 1980

3. Of course we do, its what you wear to get into the most interesting clubs :-)

5. Event report and some photos of this event and Preston the previous week will be up on my web site tomorrow. Just go to the events page and you should find it.

Peter -
    This is due to safety.
    Yes Radio Equipment is made to run in 10Khz spacing, BUT radios in bigger robots where their are parts causing interfearence, also some people dont use top quality servos - it makes it a problem with bots going out of control or not staying stil when being armed.

When robots are in the arena, the 10kHz gap does not matter, but in your case, a robot needed to be tech checked - which meant the robot is OUT SIDE the arena, more safety is needed- this is where the 10Khz rule came into play.

Mr Stu

team_ireland
    A robot like a featherweight should failsafe if there is interference from above or below. Is that not why the failsafes are there?

I have tested this with antweights i had three running on 665, 675 and 685 all with the jeti rex 4s (know for suffering interference as it runs on 35mhz and 40mhz). I turned off the tx for the ant on 675 and it stoped dead! I turned the tx back on and drove away again.

Also for tech checks are the robots not ment to be armed while on a stand and while havign all locking pins in place?

I dont see why it should be a problem to use frequencies at a 10Khz gap.

Regards
    Ian

Please remember, a tech check, is a check, and is in most cases the most dangerous activity at an event.
    This is where we find out if a robot does or does not comply to the rules.
    A robot is not forced to work, including failsafes until it is passed, and even then things go wrong.

To have a 100kg robot on a cradle wheels spinning in all directions, locking pins being tested is not the best idea. And has happened in the past due to interference.

And so for safety reasons, we will always run frequencies 2 apart while tech checking, to minimise any risks.

Many Thanks
    Jonno
    http://www.roamingrobots.co.ukwww.roamingrobots.co.uk

Register To Comment