Hi all,

I'm a newcomer hoping to start work on my robot over the summer. You can see my build diary here:
https://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thr...er-first-build

But I'm struggling to find information about light/middleweight events. The events section of the forum is pretty out of date and the FRA events page is completely empty. I understand that COVID threw a spanner in the works, but it seems like people have started attending events again now.

How do you all know about the events? It seems like people hear about them at previous events and by word of mouth. Is there no FRA timetable or event calendar? (If not, it would be great to have one. Even open to community editing.)

From the events I can see it looks like Ant, Beetle and Featherweights get lots of events - I imagine that's because they're a bit easier to contain, so event organisation is less work/cost. But also heavies are run by Extreme Robots and another one that I can't find.

Does that mean there's no light/middleweight events being run at the moment?

If possible, does anyone mind listing some events here and their websites/rules/calendars for newcomers, as to a newcomer it seems pretty dead (and I'm sure that's not the case!) so it might put people off from investing themselves into something without a community.

I may be completely off-base and have missed something staring me in the face, so if that's so just point me in the right direction please!