Register To Comment

Thread: FRA Heavyweight Championships 2019 - Robots Live! - Stevenage 28th and 29th September

Just over a week to go until Stevenage, where we will be again hosting the FRA Heavyweight Championships. Here's the current heavyweight sign up list, if you can't attend, please let me know, likewise if you're missing from the list, please fill out the form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...UmUWIpFIjKhJG8

Apocalypse
    Apollo
    Backflip (MW)
    Behemoth
    Capers
    Earthquake
    Eruption
    Foxic
    Gabriel
    IA5
    IA7
    IA8
    Immersion
    Manta
    Nelly The Ellybot
    Nuts
    Real Steal
    Sandstorm
    Switch
    Tango
    Thunderchild
    Toxic 2
    Two Headed Death Flamingo
    Vulcan 1
    Wierd malice
    YOTON

Administrator

Seeds for the main competition are:
    1. Eruption
    2. Manta
    3. Iron-Awe 6
    4. YOTON
    5. Switch
    6. Behemoth

The draw will be conducted Saturday morning, please ensure you have signed up.

Hi,

I hope it's ok to post here. I don't really do Facebook...I have completed the post-event survey but I felt that the Robots Live FRA event warranted some more public feedback.

I've been following these fabulous machines for many years now but this Sunday at Stevenage was the first time I've seen it in the flesh.

I'd like to pass on my thanks and admiration to everyone involved in this joyful event. My kids - girl (7), boy (4) - absolutely loved it, as did I! Even my wife admitted that she enjoyed it.

The drama of the 'bots, large and small, clashing was obviously very exciting but also the presenters doing a fabulous job of keeping everyone young and old entertained and informed during the afternoon.

Well done to IronAwe6 in the heavyweights and thanks to all the 'roboteers' who were willing to have their incredible engineering on display so we could get right up close to the robots and get a sense of the size, design and technology behind them.

My son LOVED the Antweights battling by his feet during the interval. Just another small but significant aspect of the event that demonstrated how inclusive and accessible it was as well as the generosity of people within the FRA community.

I'm sure it's very difficult to balance the needs of fighting robots as a competitive community and the expectations of the audience who've grown up with the production values of Robot Wars! I think Robots Live did a great job and hope the spirit, competition and community continues to grows with or without television coverage in the future.

So, I've ordered some n20 motors, esc, rx etc to start dipping our toes into the Fighting Robot community!

Thanks again and best wishes, Jason

Can I be the first to Thank you for your comments Jason, I'm sure all the Roboteers involved and

Robots Live Crew will be pleased to hear your feedback and secondly I would like to welcome you

to the FRA forum and the world of building and fighting with Robots.

Welcome to the forum! You'll certainly get a lot of help here for building robots. If you are looking for some advice on building antweights, I'd recommend this site: http://robotwars101.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1. This is where most of the UK antweight builders post their updates, and it's a very useful website all around.

In terms of antweight events the three main ones would be the Antweight World Series, the Bristol Bot Builders socials, and the recently created Roboshowdown. They're scattered all across England, and they usually post info about them either on Facebook or on the RW101 site. Hopefully this is somewhat useful.

Team Kaizen

A hearty welcome from me as well! Yes, for building antweights, the robotwars101.org forum is definitely more geared for them but we do discuss them here as well! :P Given your location, I think Roboshowdown is your closest event (Milton Keynes I think). AWS tends to float about but the next one is in Oxford I believe.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Register To Comment