Register To Comment

Thread: Team Pushover: Build Log

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Botfest 3 today, and mixed results for Team Pushover...

Pullover performed very well, let down only by the nut that was holding the controls . On out 3rd attempt, we finally scored (lucky) win against Bodacious Fyraan-Gaaris, and went on a good run managing to beat a few others, although lost to both Voodette, and Janet Street Porter. Ended up out in the heats but finally seem to have the robot working as it should, except when it died randomly - never just works well does it? So I have a loose connection and a dodgy power switch on the Devo.

As for Wej… well... it's going in the bin. It. Was. Terrible. I managed to be embarrassingly and overwhelmingly beaten by almost everything, I did score 3 points after Psycopathy (I think) gave up. Turns out we have some serious design flaws, with the arm down it was too narrow to push, the arm itself had to be shortened for the box and ended up too steep, and with the arm up it wheelie'd everywhere and left enough room under the front for a small car to park up. Pants.

Also shout out to Kev with Spinnahhh, I fitted a bulldozer scoop to Wej for the rumble, which he proptly chewed off, followed closely by the wires to the weapon motor!

There are plans afoot however, find the loose connection on Pullover, fix the Devo, replace Wej (Spinner perhaps?) and crack on with Pushover and see if we can't have something to display next time.

Enjoyed my little self though!
    Last edited by Retroman; 14th September 2019 at 18:37.

Register To Comment