Did you use a chain drive as a defined weak spot in the mechanism in case the stresses are too much and/or for weight saving purposes?
Oooh yeah that's actually a plausible excuse, I will keep that in mind when it falls to pieces

Hahahahaa, I know the pain of building inside very tight spaces with quite thick wires. Right faff to get all the wiring into Jibril (and Azriel on the evidence of what I have put together so far) with all the cables everywhere.
The wiring is the worst part, yes. I am used to using at most 20 or maybe 18 AWG wire at work and it's not the same at all... Next time however we will at least make space to accommodate the actual components (it was a close thing getting the ESC and battery into Wedgeley due to the not-very-thorough planning).

This is looking really great! I am especially excited to see how your custom linac turns out - my design was absolutely too complicated for its own good. You say bodging it with chains can lead to problems, but I found making a compact, custom gearbox for a linac to be an absolute nightmare. I think you are much better going this route.

I also love all the linkages involved in your weapon mechanism. Looks too cool when it's in motion like that. Good luck for Robodojo!
Thanks! I did toy with the idea of extra gearing to connect to the drill motor, then direct drive the grabby jaw from that with a chain or something. I quickly abandoned that as soon as I realised how many holes would have to be drilled in the right place....

Hopefully by the weekend we'll have a video of the actual thing moving and made of metal...