Ikari
So the robot was moving and a nano servo arrived today for the clamper/crusher weapon. I got that in, a nice little hook made up and it actually looks "the business".

DSCF6713.JPG

However... the servo doesn't move. Tried the plug in both directions just to make sure that I wasn't being an idiot and nothing. Plugged into a separate receiver from Azriel and nope, nothing. I tried a different servo I had just to make sure I wasn't being idiotic and then the NanoTwo starts getting warm and the whole robot goes out of control. I think the ESC has overloaded because, once again, I failed to cut the positive wire and, of course, no NanoTwos are around atm. I can get replacement ESCs, even a different receiver but it means yet more soldering and wiring. A shame, this was 115g and I was quite happy with that.

Azriel
Following on from the weight issue, I've dismantled the body but left it on the base plate and robbed the wheel hubs from Shu! so at least I can prove it's mobility in a week or so. I'll be making the bodywork for the rest of the week when I get some 6mm polycarbonate cut up for this.

Jibril
I gave this some thought last night whilst at a game session. The independent 4WD thing, as useful as it is, isn't working because as soon as one corner is freewheeling, the pressure on the other motor on that side (bearing in mind these motors are used in the FW class) just becomes too much so 2WD next time. Though I have 4x CIM motors, so I am going to do a 2 motors to 1 wheel configuration.

Box section steel has been ordered so I am hoping it arrives by the end of the week. I'll need to get another set of drive gears for this as well along with 125mm wheels but it could very well be moving by the start of February as I have about 70-80% of all the parts for it laying around.