Couple of updates.

Ikari
Spent the last day or so getting the bodywork done on Ikari 2.0 out of 1mm polycarbonate and now it actually looks rather nifty. Unfortunately, it was sitting at 110g and with the spinner motor, that would mean 15g left over for a bar which feels a bit weedy. Then the motor broke so I've decided to change it for a clamper/crusher type weapon (hopefully allowing self-righting as well but it could go out into a arena tomorrow and at least work.

DSCF6712.JPG

Azriel
This one can't though. The wheel hubs decided to wear out on me during a mobility test and then I weighed it. It was sitting at 1800g which given there is actually very little in the robot itself (just a couple of ESC, battery and some motors), is nuts. I've tried drilling weight saving holes everywhere but ultimately, I think it is just too big and lardy for what it is so I am going to junk this body and start again (how is this 1650g?!) I'll need to order some more polycarbonate for this and although I do have a base plate, can't really start on it until the new wheels arrive so I know how much to remove from the base plate to bring the wheels in.

I still think I can still have it ready for UWE but, as always, rather depends on time and so forth. We'll see, I am still hopeful.

DSCF6710.JPG