Register To Comment

Thread: Team Kaizen Build Diary

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Kaizen

Jibril
    The HDPE base panel has been drilled. Doing 32 holes three times over in 3, 8 and 10mm bits is nuts but there you are. Currently mocking up the motor mount bolt pattern on a 1mm sheet of polycarbonate and waiting on all the drivetrain components for the drive and Scythe to lay it all out before drilling the panel again for the shaft mounts and eventually the wheel gaps.

For completeness, removing the boss on the wheel to allow the gear to move further in seems to make the front mount fit. I've not done it yet as I want all the parts here to get it all measured out and dry fitted properly.

The Scythe is going to have considerably more torque than the old one. The old setup was a F30-150 going through a 15.75:1 gearbox. The new one is a A28-150 going through a 23.93:1 gearbox. I am fairly confident that will allow the robot to self-right this time. The new Scythe is also going to be CAD design affair which finally permits the use of a counterweight. The old design couldn't support one. How heavy the thing is going to be I am not entirely sure but it might end up being lighter at the tip because I hollowed out a lot of it so it isn't a heavy lump at the end.

Realistically, if I can get at it over the week, I could have it moving about by this Sunday. It depends on when the mounts arrive and how long it takes for me to cut the shafts down to size.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 10th February 2020 at 01:44.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Register To Comment