Jibril
The Scythe gearbox is now partially assembled. The Victor BB I've been having a bit of trouble with getting calibrated but seem to have it nailed down now. The first stage is pretty much mocked up (I am planning to swap out the silver steel shafts for Grade 5 Titanium shafts since they did so well in holding up in the last version of Jibril at EXR Cheltenham 2019) but it needs a idler gear on the first stage to clear the main bulkheads of the robot.

20201029_182656-2.jpg

The original plan was to use a 120T and a 19T in two separate stages to get 39.88:1 reduction. However, despite my best efforts to CAD this up, the final stage 120T shaft doesn't quite clear the first stage 120T gear. This is despite this CAD drawing which suggests it should have cleared, albeit just...

Screenshot_2020-10-30_00-54-12.png

I dunno, I need more practice in this. In any case, I've picked up a 20T and a 22T to see if they'll clear it. I'll reuse the 19T gear in another project. The reduction in the ratio is 37.89:1 with the 20T so it isn't a great reduction in of itself, it just bugs me that I can't figure out why it seems to be out. Either way, the overlap is marginal so the 20T should work.