Amai/Ikari/Osu
BotFest 2 is this weekend so I've been getting them prepped for the event. Amai has had shell reinforcement in the shape of Gorilla glue around the edges done and Osu just need a bit of melting to get it back to shape. This will be Osu's last event in this form, the robot is simply too iconic to risk in a combat arena these days. Osu 3.0 will be planned during the event.

Ikari has new, slightly larger wheels and, as noted in the last post, the shell rebuilt and reinforced. I checked the wiring and the slow wheel does appear to be a ESC issue. Sadly, I can't get a new ESC in time so it'll just have to go as is.

Jibril
So this robot hasn't gone at all to plan. Real life keeps on cropping up to conspire and rob me of any time I need to work on the robot. Put simply, the big axe will not be ready for Burgess Hill and it still hasn't been tested. However, the axe mechanism from Kaizen is modular, the original intention was that it'd be interchangeable. That means the whole thing, locking pin guides and all, are quite compact and fits onto a 300mm square polycarbonate sheet.

What I'll do is transfer the mechanism to a temporary 10mm thick sheet and have that on Jibril for Burgess Hill. Next event afterwards is EXR Portsmouth which I fully intend to get the big axe mechanism working and finished. For RL Burgess Hill, I will remake the axe arm though - the one on there now is originally from The Honey Badger 2.2 and is looking extremely worn.

So the list now for this one is:

- Transfer the mechanism over
- Fit the temporary top panel
- Wire in the axe motor to the ESC
- Remake and fit the axe arm
- Paint