Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
Yeah, I've seen PC PSUs being repurposed for this. All I'd say is make sure the terminals are covered and there isn't anything obvious that will cause a short if knocked into (pit space can be tight no matter what the weight class). I'd be happy to show you my charging setup as well at Cheltenham.

As for LEDs, nowadays I always wire the LED directly into the main power system to avoid confusion. On Kaizen (my Middleweight), the LED wiring is spliced into the main wiring loom after the removable link, normally just before the speed controller. One thing to note is that you need a suitable sized resistor. When wiring up a beetleweight at the European Beetleweight championships this year, a robot was running on a 3S battery and the LED it had had a overspecced resistor (think it was rated for something on 14v, 3S LiPo nominally puts out 11.1v). The result was that the power system went haywire and wouldn't turn on properly. This was fixed with a 4S battery (which nominally puts out 14.8v).

Just something to note
Thank you! Yea that would be great thank you xD, I cant wait to see what others are doing

I got a 24v set of LEDs which has the right resistor and such already part of it for simplicity Ill wire it in just after the link like you have xD

Thank you for your great advice