Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW drive train complete with wheels.

In what kind of timeframe and what powerclass? Bosch750 equivalent, or LEM Power?

Got some T64s I might be willing to part with.

Why not dabble with middleweights? I noticed you've been quite busy with allsorts in the past few months/year. A middleweight will take up less room, plus you can easily get away with cheapo wheelchair motors and still be really competitive (As 60% of us are doing). If you're interested, we'll have 12 built for a tourney in September, plus another 4 hopefully by Manchester.
    Good luck anyway!

They can do Dave. Got some hubs and go kart wheels for them.

Team Helix
    My middle is using mobility scooter motors and gearboxes, although not finished yet, from early tests i have concluded the following.
    1) very easy to do
    2) can be picked up on e-bay from about £20 upwards.
    3) bit slow as gear ration on my ones is high (worm drive) so high torque low speed.
    4) to counter this either use bigger wheels or increase voltage. Currently running my 24v ones at 30v and not getting even warm. ( although not a true test yet. ).

Hope this helps

Used although I'll need to buy new hubs for them as from memory all the ones i have are nackered but we could include that in the price. PM me if you want to make an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    @ Theo. The middleweight thing sounds tempting. What other sorts of robots have been built? What drive trains are they all using?
    A lot of us are using wheelchair/scooter motors, so although they can be a bit slow, they'll be comparatively decent. As for weapons, we've got a very wide range, from pushers, verts, fullbodies, controlbots, even a dustpan.

Register To Comment