Hi Adam

As Michael mentioned our robot Neophyte is based on the Flip Bot build, but we can't help you this particular issue because we cut the metal ourselves with a jigsaw. However we're more than happy to help with anything else.

One important thing I ought to tell you now is that if you want to compete in live events with it you will have to make modifications as the guide doesn't fully comply with the FRA rules. You will need to add a power light into the circuitry as well as a locking bar to keep the weapon from moving when it's out of the arena. Also I suggest you beef up the chassis a little because 3mm aluminium will struggle to hold up against other robots.

Also I wouldn't recommend the Sabretooth speed controller they use as they are notoriously unreliable as we found out the hard way. Ours, despite being brand new, failed tech check because it wouldn't stop powering the motors when it lost signal, so we couldn't compete for most of the event. A lot of people have suggested to me the Feather Two Dual Channel speed controller which you can get at nutsandbots.co.uk.

Oh also the RoboChallenge guys posted a full list of the exact components they used on the Robot Wars reddit.

If you have other any issues or questions feel free to ask.