Register To Comment
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Haynes Manual Build a Robot

Yes you will. I got the Turnigy 2s/3s charger that they recommend which works well & is pretty cheap, but doesn't come with a lead. I've used a 12v adapter lead, but from what I've read anything with the standard round head like the ones used on laptop chargers should work OK. Just make sure to check the voltage is about 12V first. There's a lot more info on the Nuts & Bots website which is really helpful.

Edit: Forgot to mention this but my bots actually came with their own lipo bags, so you won't need to go out and buy one.
    Last edited by James Williams; 4th May 2018 at 20:02.

Roboteer

Or you could be an animal like me, and use a NiMH. But the Shakey kits don't have much room/weight for them

To add to the discussion I've recently got my mitts on this charger: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykin...___store=en_us

It's basically the step up but seems much better quality and has a digital readout which is pretty handy. It still needs a separate adaptor but I've always just grabbed one off ebay.

My kits come with a LiPo bag (partly for safety in shipping) so you don't need to worry about them.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamST180 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice guys I think as a total rookie having an Antweight to play with sounds like a good plan, it can fight my hexbug tombstone and witch doctor for now lol
    Antweights are a barrel of laughs. Although sticking to the 4 inch cube size maximum and 150g limit can be quite a challenge, a fun challenge though. I'm yet to make one that is actually controllable, zooms off and smashes its face into a wall immediately...

Team Kaizen

Should be plenty, The Honey Badger 2 ran on 13.2v batteries + motors to great effect. What sort of batteries are we talking about here?
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 6th May 2018 at 20:52.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

They should be OK. One thing you will need to note is that the drills you have might be a different shape to the ones in the manual so the holes you will have to put in the baseplate will have to be in a different position.

Register To Comment