Register To Comment

Thread: Ant Weight Circuit Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey there, im sorry for not responding over the weekend. How are you getting on with your ant kit?

Just to add... I also wanted to ask about how Id go about adding an on off switch ? Because at the moment I just take the battery out. Any Ideas?
    As Ocracoke says, making a safety link out of the same plug types as the battery , i believe they are called JST connectors.
    Another way you can do it is by including a miniature single pole double throw switch on the positive rail in between battery and your electronics. I use the one on the link below on my ant brutal barbera:

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/single-po...iniature-ff77j

That switch is rated at 125 Vac 0.3A. However, when using low DC, as in 7.4V, i have found it can handle more significantly more current (at least around the ~1Amp range). provided you dont switch it off to many times when your ant is at maximum loading, the switch should survive for quite a while.
    Last edited by Scottie; 12th February 2018 at 13:58.

Bad Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Hey there, im sorry for not responding over the weekend. How are you getting on with your ant kit

As Ocracoke says, making a safety link out of the same plug types as the battery , i believe they are called JST connectors.
    Another way you can do it is by including a miniature single pole double throw switch on the positive rail in between battery and your electronics. I use the one on the link on
    my ant brutal barbera:

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/single-po...iniature-ff77j

That switch is rated at 125 Vac 0.3A. However, when using low DC, as in 7.4V, i have found it can handle more significantly more current (at least around the ~1Amp range). provided you dont switch it off to many times when your ant is at maximum loading to many times, the switch should survive for quite a while.

Ive re solded all the wires I felt we’re abit dodgy, and tried again, but still having no luck. same problems of one motor going full pelt, and the other doing nothing. I’ve got a few other sets of motors I’ll try before flipping and throwing it all the bin hahaha any other ideas of what I’m doing wrong?

ill give that switch a go as well! I’ll pick one up later!

Bad Wolf

Register To Comment