Register To Comment
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BOB FW Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    After my attempt on proto BOB I'm moving on to my real first FW BOB.

The plan for this one is a 4 wheel drive with a lifter, like S.M.I.D.S.Y. So far this is the lay out for it.
    Untitled.png
    Just need to get a linear actuator and other parts to go with it. Luckily I got some spare MDF boards to use when I get what I need just to make sure the lay out works and a rough idea on the weight, btw the drill motors I'm using are about 440g.

Knowing my luck when I start, I got the parts I need but not the tools.

Team Kaizen

Looks good, have you decided on what sort of speed controllers and the shell/bodywork material you are going to use in this?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Quote Originally Posted by sean retro View Post
    The speed controllers I'm using are Botbitz 30a ESC and the body will be made of HDPE about 10-12mm thick.
    us the 85a versions as you can power 2 drill motors of 1 speed controller. so you end up 1 for each side.

Team Kaizen

Sounds OK although I am not sure 15a per wheel is going to be enough... I might potentially advise using a set of TZ85a speed controllers if the BotBitz controllers aren't up to the job.

I'd also look through the build threads of Luna-Tic since this does seem similar in concept if there are any.

Team Kaizen

In short, no. What does matter is how much amperage is being sent to the motor. If there is too much, you'll either burn out the controller or the motor driving the actuator.

Anything with an appropriate voltage / ampage will work so the answer is mainly no it doesn't make much difference, but the chemistry will affect obvious things like the weight and dimensions as well as characteristics like power drop off and charging speed so there probably is an "ideal" battery for your requirements.
    Last edited by lowndsy; 6th September 2017 at 14:47.

Well I done a bit of soldering for the first time in years.
    1st try.
    20170927_165357.jpg

2nd try.
    20170927_165537.jpg20170927_165602.jpg

Working on the safety link just to see how much practise I need and from the looks of it, I'll need a bit. Also more solder.

Register To Comment