Register To Comment

Thread: Removable link rule clarification

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you're not using a lipo battery, then a fuse isn't mandatory. However it is highly advised as a protective measure. I never used fuses before I switched to lipo batteries, but I probably would now if I was switching back to an older battery technology.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but if there any reason why the interlink can't be on the negative terminal? Cars and heavy machinery are isolated on the negative (which is the opposite to most mains power rules)...

Redirect Left
    I am not sure if this is why specific to this hobby, however in my experience doing lots of electrics, odd things can happen if you sever a connection on the negative side. Sparking a little more, final pushes of power still powering things for a bit. It's also a bit more likely on the negative side that something is still powered elsewhere in the circuit, however if the link is immediately after the battery on positive side, nothing on the circuit is getting power. It's also probably easier for all involved if its standardized to a specific place for it to be.

The excess electricity still in the circuit after negative switch pulling may be because from a physics standpoint, electric (or at least electrons) travel negative to positive, rather than what people imagine positive to negative.

Register To Comment